Sennheiser ie8 vs EarSonics SM3 vs EarSonics SM2 vs JVC FX700
Nov 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #16 of 36

Quote:
i owned all three at the same time; i loved my sm3 and ie8, but disliked the fx700... tried hard to like it but couldn't find any redeeming quality about.. definetly overhyped i swear.
happy to be rid of it... especially bad seal that leaks so bad it affects the sound... and the bas is excessive, boomy... i had my brother listen to it... blind test and he preferred tf10, sm3 over it.
i also had a friend test it, and he wasn't impressed (preferred sm3)
fx700 top tier with the likes of sm3?? (utter rubbish imo)

Maybe you had some problems with the FX700, because I found them upgrading any aspect of the IE8 which I have also owned and liked. Or you have not tried the right tips for them. In my opinion the FX700 are one of the most musical IEMs and one of the best universals to date, but with stock tips they sound far from their best.

Nov 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #17 of 36
Here's my opinion, if you like IE8 so you definitely a basshead, if you basshead you probably like SM3, but if you looking for more lean sound and great musical experience you can choose sm2, from my experienced I prefer hippo pearl rather than IE8, finally I prefer sm 2 over my previous SM3 and JH11

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #19 of 36
I think the Atrios will be better suited for your music preferences

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #21 of 36
I am also a bit of a basshead myself and the FX700 is by far my favourite pair of IEM. I've never heard the IE8 though so I can't comment on that, but maybe you can consider the "upgraded" IE80? I would also recommend the Westone 3 when listening to trance, house, and electronic music. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #25 of 36
How about being more careful with your property?
tongue.gif

Seems like you have your heart set on the SM3 despite people suggesting better options for your preferred genres. Of course it's a matter of personal preference, but I don't think the SM3 does EDM very well.

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #26 of 36

Quote:
ThE cable atrio doesn't look very strong

It's plenty strong. I'm not sure what doesn't look strong?  Anyway not trying to convince you that they are for you, only that your perception of build quality couldn't be further from the truth. Atrios are in no way delicate. They are designed for stage use and ruggedness is a requirement. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #27 of 36

Quote:
Yes, but i must consider durability as well. The artrios arent that durable:frowning2:

Quote:
Yes, I am a basshead indeed. SM3 are a bit expensive 

Basshead = TFTA's
Durability = IE8 (i would think with the detachable wires) or the Westones

Dunno about artrios or SM3's (can't comment on em)

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #28 of 36

Maybe you had some problems with the FX700, because I found them upgrading any aspect of the IE8 which I have also owned and liked. Or you have not tried the right tips for them. In my opinion the FX700 are one of the most musical IEMs and one of the best universals to date, but with stock tips they sound far from their best.

could be the reason.. i used only stock tips.
but i always insert them deep in my ears when a/b-ing by pressing them in hard, like i did with my sm3.
maybe i couldn't get them angled perfectly to get the sweet spot.

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #30 of 36

could be the reason.. i used only stock tips.
but i always insert them deep in my ears when a/b-ing by pressing them in hard, like i did with my sm3.
maybe i couldn't get them angled perfectly to get the sweet spot.

and not by any stretch of my imagination can a fx700 compare with the sm3, even with the best tips..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back