1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser IE8, IE8i, IE80 - Advice Needed

1. AbdulBasit
    Hello folks!

I am a newbie in the high end IEM business. I am looking for a piece for fun listening. The two factors that I am considering is excellent bass and expansive sound-stage. After a lot of drooling over a lot of options (including Bowers & Wilkins C5, Monster Turbine variants etc.) I have finally decided to go for the Sennheiser IE8 after checking out the head-fi reviews. Now I have the following queries for the experts here:

• Am I right in choosing the IE8 considering my priorities (bass and sound stage)? or are there any better options available at the same or a lower price point?
    • Since I use iPhone, should I go for the IE8i version, considering the news of the left driver dying after sometime?
    • Should I wait for the IE80? I have read that it lags behind the IE8 in bass area?
    • I very much like the B&W C5 (technology, aesthetics, tungsten - i love everything tungsten), so how does it compare to the IE8 strictly speaking in terms of sonic characteristics? just tell me briefly - I don't want you guys to go through the hassles of writing a detailed comparative review for a newbie :)

Hoping a helping hand from you guys :)

Warm regards