Sennheiser IE8 Foam Tip
Nov 26, 2009 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

feng shui

New Head-Fier
Hello, I played around with the tips that came with my IE8. None of them fit particularly well, but the LARGE foam tip is decent. I'm wondering if the Comply T400 will do better, and which size should I buy if the LARGE Sennheiser foam tips fit my ears? Many thanks.

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by feng shui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I played around with the tips that came with my IE8. None of them fit particularly well, but the LARGE foam tip is decent. I'm wondering if the Comply T400 will do better, and which size should I buy if the LARGE Sennheiser foam tips fit my ears? Many thanks.

Not a clue on size fitting. Just a heads up when removing the Comply tips: a bunch of people has broken the IEM's tubes when doing so. They recommend cutting the foams with scissors
angry_face.gif
so to avoid the problem.

People are also talking that Sony Hybrids do a decent job isolation wise.

Hope it helps.

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by feng shui /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not a clue on size fitting. Just a heads up when removing the Comply tips: a bunch of people has broken the IEM's tubes when doing so. They recommend cutting the foams with scissors
angry_face.gif
so to avoid the problem.

People are also talking that Sony Hybrids do a decent job isolation wise.

Hope it helps.

I've used the sony hybrid tips and they seem to take the sound quality down.  It will isolate better but with the cost of sound quality.  I went back to the med silicone tips because they seem the best.  But I just ignore all the out side sound that I can hear by turning up the volume, a safe one I mean. =)

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
I've used the sony hybrid tips and they seem to take the sound quality down.  It will isolate better but with the cost of sound quality.  I went back to the med silicone tips because they seem the best.  But I just ignore all the out side sound that I can hear by turning up the volume, a safe one I mean. =)

Or you can just use the shure mod.

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 8
Sony hybrids are well recommended. And I got a set of the comply Tx-400s and I think they're quite flawed. I recommend the V-moda tips. I got mine off my old V-moda bass freq, and they work very well. Plus, you don't have to twist and wrestle the tips in unlike the complys. Someone told me that the hybrids are hard to fit on to the earphones. If you ever a get a tight pair of tips, then try to mod it or make it easier to stick it in the earphones rather than relying on brute strength. If you notice, the nozzle of the earphones are tubular and are sort of glued on to the body. Unlike Shure which has a tubular nozzle that terminates at a rectangular module. So basically they're not meant to be twisted. So whatever you do, DO NOT TWIST AND FIT. I have heard of people breaking their nozzles or at the least loosening them by doing this. 

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Crap, I actually replied to the wrong thread (similar topic actually)
If you insist on foamies, then Comply isn't bad...but you'll have to mod them.
first, cut t base of the rubber core. Fit is ridiculously tight.
second, cut off the excess foam jutting out past the filter. This will fix the sound muddling effect that the complys have. like I said,
quite flawed. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Or you can just use the shure mod.

Which one would you be referring too?  I de-cored a few shure olive foams and just slapped them onto my ie8s and they fit snug.  The clarity doesn't seem to change but the bass is a lill more apparent (not like the bass wasn't apparent enough) but the isolation was just taken up a notch.  

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #8 of 8
For the last few months ive been trying to find the best tips for my ie8's . I think ive found the best solution. I tryed the comply tips with or without the in core but they turn everything muggy. The best tips were the large foam tips that came with the headphones although they didnt give a perfect seal. Then i found these tips on ebay from japan . They are foam tips alot like the ones that come with the ie8's but they are slightly fatter so you get a good seal. At first i thought they took away the trebble slightly but i turned up my eq midrange a touch and wow its perfect, the bass is tremendous . I didnt wanna tell anyone about these because i want them all for me :/  They are £4 for 3 pairs. Give them a try you wont be disapointed.     Link below..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320723234434?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back