Sennheiser IE7 and ebay HELP
Mar 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

WisdomListens

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to buy the Sennheiser IE7's on ebay but I have never bought anything from ebay so I am not really sure how to know if they are real. The MSRP for the IE7 is $350 CAD. The three on sale on ebay range from $150-230 without shipping.
How do I know if the seller is legit and the product is real?

These are the ones I am looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sennheiser-IE7-Noise-Cancelling-Earphones-NEW-/380306779730?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item588c0cee52

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sennheiser-IE7-Noise-Isolation-In-Ear-Stereo-Headphones-/130424434622?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item1e5de6efbe

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-SENNHEISER-IE7-HEADPHONE-EAR-NOISE-CANCELLING-ie-/320672954882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa998fa02

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #2 of 12
I don't know how many post/threads exists with the very same question.  Anyways, follow these simple rules:

1) Avoid ebay if possible.
2) Warranties aren't honored for eBay purchases (see authorized dealers provided by Sennheiser).
3) If its too good to be true, it is - period.

You can get these new for $169.  If you want to save about $100, buy used from adgtron from Amazon.  He is legit and sells the real deal. Or wait for one to pop up in the forsale forum.

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
I am looking to buy the Sennheiser IE7's on ebay but I have never bought anything from ebay so I am not really sure how to know if they are real. The MSRP for the IE7 is $350 CAD. The three on sale on ebay range from $150-230 without shipping.
How do I know if the seller is legit and the product is real?

These are the ones I am looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sennheiser-IE7-Noise-Cancelling-Earphones-NEW-/380306779730?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item588c0cee52

Well the first ebay auction you listed the seller cts-audio-inc (I've ordered eartips from them before) it says on the auction that they are:

New, Authorized Dealer, Full Warranty

So you would be safe ordering from them and they have a 98.4% positive feedback.

As for the others i don't want to say because i'm not sure.

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
I don't know how many post/threads exists with the very same question.  Anyways, follow these simple rules:

1) Avoid ebay if possible.
2) Warranties aren't honored for eBay purchases (see authorized dealers provided by Sennheiser).
3) If its too good to be true, it is - period.

You can get these new for $169.  If you want to save about $100, buy used from adgtron from Amazon.  He is legit and sells the real deal. Or wait for one to pop up in the forsale forum.

Yeah ebay is my last choice since the two stores here in Calgary are selling close to the MSRP of $350 CAD and thats way more than what people on the forums are saying it goes for. $169 US is around $200 CAD so it's not really too good to be true. I'm not really too concerned about the warranty.
Have any other ebay advice?

Also the for sale forums scare me more than ebay. Should I be worried more about ebay?

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
Well the first ebay auction you listed the seller cts-audio-inc (I've ordered eartips from them before) it says on the auction that they are:

New, Authorized Dealer, Full Warranty

So you would be safe ordering from them and they have a 98.4% positive feedback.

As for the others i don't want to say because i'm not sure.

So if it says "Authorized Dealer" then it's for sure that they are? I mean can any user just put that title for their account? Or is that verified by Sennheiser and ebay?

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #6 of 12
Claiming to be an authorized retailer on EBay doesn't mean anything. However, there are a couple legitimate authorized retailers on eBay that have been verified on Sennheiser's website. These include Adgtron, RazordogDeals, and J&R Music. Not sure if they have listings up right now, but those would be the safe sellers to buy from.

I had a very good experience buying my IE7s from RazorDogDeals a couple months ago for $160.

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
Claiming to be an authorized retailer on EBay doesn't mean anything. However, there are a couple legitimate authorized retailers on eBay that have been verified on Sennheiser's website. These include Adgtron, RazordogDeals, and J&R Music. Not sure if they have listings up right now, but those would be the safe sellers to buy from.

I had a very good experience buying my IE7s from RazorDogDeals a couple months ago for $160.

Okay thanks that's exactly what I needed to know.
I see you own the Klipsch S4's, how do they compare to the IE7's?

Mar 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #8 of 12
They don't really compare. IE7 is in another league and does everything better, except for isolation (S4 is much better in isolation). I still like my S4s and don't find them hugely lacking unless I listen to them after the IE7s. What I dont like about the S4 is that the bass is too strong and the mids are recessed. The IE7 really does everything well with the mids being particularly good.

Mar 19, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #9 of 12
They don't really compare. IE7 is in another league and does everything better, except for isolation (S4 is much better in isolation). I still like my S4s and don't find them hugely lacking unless I listen to them after the IE7s. What I dont like about the S4 is that the bass is too strong and the mids are recessed. The IE7 really does everything well with the mids being particularly good.

Oh okay well that's good I'm upgrading sound quality-wise.
Is the isolation for the IE7's that bad conpared to the S4's? Or does the fit in your ear make the difference?

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #10 of 12
The isolation is pretty poor, but it's what gives the IE7 its spacious soundstage and airy presentation. It isn't really a problem in most situations, but you won't want to use them on an airplane or subway.

They also don't seal very tightly, and don't go very deep into the ear, which helps with comfort and keeping the microphonics low.

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #11 of 12
The isolation is pretty poor, but it's what gives the IE7 its spacious soundstage and airy presentation. It isn't really a problem in most situations, but you won't want to use them on an airplane or subway.

They also don't seal very tightly, and don't go very deep into the ear, which helps with comfort and keeping the microphonics low.

Okay the IE7's are looking to be my pick. Do you know how the IE7 conpares to the IE8 by any chance? Or the triple fi's?

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #12 of 12
I haven't heard either, but I know that both have more V-shaped signatures. There are a few good comparison threads for the IE series that should come up if you search. I'm sure there are other members that have heard both and can give their opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back