Sennheiser IE6 or Dr Dre Beats "Tour"
May 19, 2009 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

insomniac01

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, im looking to purchase a good set of earphones and just want some information as to which earphones are better in overall performance? The Sennheiser IE6 or Dr Dre Beats "Tour"

Thanks in advance

May 20, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 9
I doubt that you're going to find anyone suggesting the Dr. Dre's, so don't bother checking this thread anymore.

May 20, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #5 of 9
the ie6's would be the safer bet. Dre's are supposed to be a bit uncomfortable & Monster is much newer in the earphone market vs Sennheiser. On a side-note, I doubt "Dr. Dre" knows much about audio engineering, so I'd be skeptical about the accuracy of something w/ his name on it. Plus, they just look tacky imho.

May 20, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ie6's would be the safer bet. Dre's are supposed to be a bit uncomfortable & Monster is much newer in the earphone market vs Sennheiser. On a side-note, I doubt "Dr. Dre" knows much about audio engineering, so I'd be skeptical about the accuracy of something w/ his name on it. Plus, they just look tacky imho.

*sigh*

deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/m...thread-416736/

The Tours supposedly have more bass and are less balanced that the Turbines.

May 20, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #9 of 9
@OP: Sorry for going off topic for a bit....

Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He might be a rapper but he has good production skills, so I wouldn't be so quick to say that he doesn't know that. Out of curiousity, have you given his tracks or productions a listen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back