Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Jun 13, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #721 of 738
My IE300 right side finally failed on me after months of loose connection. The connection does not connect correctly and goes off just slight movement. I ordered a new cable as thought it might be the cable but the connection was worse and the connection was loose. The Left side works fine and even connects and works perfectly on 3rd party cable.

I do not think will buy Sennheiser IEM again unless they fix the issue with the MMCX connector issue or go back to 2 pin which was fine.

Jun 13, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #722 of 738
My IE300 right side finally failed on me after months of loose connection. The connection does not connect correctly and goes off just slight movement. I ordered a new cable as thought it might be the cable but the connection was worse and the connection was loose. The Left side works fine and even connects and works perfectly on 3rd party cable.

I do not think will buy Sennheiser IEM again unless they fix the issue with the MMCX connector issue or go back to 2 pin which was fine.
You should try the IE 400 Pro. It sounds exactly like the IE 300 except it has a vastly superior cable and a much more stable connection. PentaconnEar is so much better than MMCX.

Jun 13, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #723 of 738
Guys, remember how I ordered 2 sets of IE 300?

Well, something I noticed on the first pair I opened was that the right ear bud clicks when I insert it. Doesn't matter if it has new tips on it or anything, it always clicks when I push it into my ear. Is this driver flex or a defect with the ear bud? Then, on that same set, the left bud fits really loosely on the cable and spins very easily. I also noticed that the slightest movement will cause the audio to drop out.

Then, out of curiosity, I opened the second set and there's no clicking on either bud when inserting into my ear, and the cable is nice and snug on both sides with no cut outs.

I bet the first pair will eventually fail :frowning2:

Welp, at least I got a good set out of the 2.

I wonder if this is something that I can warranty repair, or do I have to wait for them to officially fail?

Jun 15, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #724 of 738
Anyone know how I can get rid of this horrible cologne smell out of the IE 300 cable? I bought them refurbished and I think the other person bathed in cologne while wearing them. I've tried baking soda, leaving it in the sun, washing with soap and water, soaking in isopropyl alcohol and heating it up. Nothing is working. I'm so bummed out because the other cable doesn't smell but it doesn't connect securely to the IEM and cuts out at the slightest bump (I've sent this pair back to be repaired).

I'm at my wits end. I wanna use them so bad since they sound great and fit my ears like a glove, but this cable is driving me mad.

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #726 of 738
The $149 IE 200 is an entry point into the audiophile in-ear range and that's really it.

Just curious because I cannot tell from your posts...have you tried the IE 200 yet?
Yo Eric! my ie300 failed. The left side went out. I sent it back about 2 weeks ago for a warranty claim. Do you have any idea how I could check the status or general time frames for return of the repaired IEM?

Oct 27, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #731 of 738
I know these are discontinued but Amazon has these new and refurbished, do you think they fixed the issue everyone is having with connection issues ?

Also should I go new or refurbished ?

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #732 of 738
I know these are discontinued but Amazon has these new and refurbished, do you think they fixed the issue everyone is having with connection issues ?

Also should I go new or refurbished ?
I’ve had no issue with connections on my pair, so I’d say it’s unlucky if you receive a faulty pair.

Get whichever your budget allows.

Oct 31, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #734 of 738
Same, and I don't exact baby mine, I kept it on a belt pouch and carry it as my EDC.

Dec 19, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #735 of 738
I think these were discontinued due too many been faulty after a few months. Like mine I always see these been sold as faulty on Ebay with one side not working. I purchased one for £50 with the side that I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back