Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Nov 22, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #631 of 738
Received mine as well, while I don't have an issue wtih the cable as yet, am also wondering on replacement options down the track if things go wrong.
If you're unable to find an original replacement cable or other aftermarket cable with the right mmcx connector, it is possible to modify a very inexpensive generic mmcx cable to fit without modifying/damaging the IEM itself. I've had my ie300 well over a year, I use it regularly and its like new. I have some Sony IEMs with a similar type of connector and haven't had a single problem with them, they're over 8 years old.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #632 of 738
If you're unable to find an original replacement cable or other aftermarket cable with the right mmcx connector, it is possible to modify a very inexpensive generic mmcx cable to fit without modifying/damaging the IEM itself. I've had my ie300 well over a year, I use it regularly and its like new. I have some Sony IEMs with a similar type of connector and haven't had a single problem with them, they're over 8 years old.
Cool, good to know.

Nov 25, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #633 of 738
Yeah still the narrow fit make it worse than many Sony's, Sony at least have the decendy to make their recessed port live inside a much bigger circle, so far I have a couple cables that work with the IE300, but oy just so, often I pull it out of my pocket and one side just come off.

Nov 26, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #634 of 738
Yeah still the narrow fit make it worse than many Sony's, Sony at least have the decendy to make their recessed port live inside a much bigger circle, so far I have a couple cables that work with the IE300, but oy just so, often I pull it out of my pocket and one side just come off.
You don't use the case?

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Nov 26, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #635 of 738
So, have given these about 10 hours of listening time so far, really enjoying them!

Comfortable which is important, have been using crystal ear tips, the bass response is so so tight & punchy.. real happy with them.

Nov 27, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #636 of 738

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #637 of 738
Hi all! I just picked up a pair of IE300 in the amazing Black Friday Senn were running here in the UK. £115 I thought was an absolute bargain!

My main iems are AKG n5005 which I’ve been happy with for a few years now. Actually one little bonus is that the cables fit the IEM 300 albeit not as securely as I would like.

I’ve always been intrigued by single DD iems and prior to this I had picked up a pair of Moondrop Katos. I had been enjoying them, but I was really missing a level of sub bass which I have come to realise is a preference of mine. The IEM 300 have really ticked that box. Initially I was wowed by this, but then I started to feel like I was missing a bit of detail in the mids. But the more time I have spent with them the more I appreciate the sound signature. It is just different but still enjoyable. It is very easy to listen for longer periods and plays well with a wide variety of music.

Another thing I love is the physical design. They are light and very comfortable and I have found a good seal with the included silicon tips in medium. I’ll probably experiment with other tips also. I’ve loved the AKG N5005s, but always struggles to find a good seal, so this has been refreshing.

I don’t hate the included cable, but yes it is microphonic. I have been experiencing some of the connection issues that others have mentioned which is a shame. I’m not sure whether to give it a little time or try and swap them out. If the cable was more of a standard fit I would be able to experiment and see where the issue sits.

Overall though, I’m enjoying them so far. It’s a big sound for something so small and light! I’m now starting to think about the IE600 which doesn’t help my wallet! Will try and share some further thoughts down the line!

Dec 7, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #641 of 738
Got these headphones today and the sound is amazing. However the dropout is really frustrating, read back some of this massive thread and noticed that the cable might be faulty on some of these headphones. To save me trawling through this thread with a fine tooth comb are Sennheiser aware of issues with cable, and if so are they addressing it? If they are not, have any folks here managed to overcome the issue? Thanks

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #642 of 738
same here, just got mine and the sound dropping intermittently really takes away my excitement for these iem. unfortunately, the mmcx cable I have doesn't fit. can anyone recommend a cable that wouldn't break my bank lol. ty in advance. hoping that will solve the issue.

Dec 9, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #643 of 738
I got mine from Amazon so they have told me to send them back and I will get a full refund. Have ordered a replacement set, not too confident they wont have the same problem tbh because this seems to be a widespread problem. If this pair are the same I'll be giving up and searching for a new pair of IEM's, which is unfortunate because when I get them to work intermittently they sound terrific with the iFi Go Bar DAC.

Dec 9, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #644 of 738
For the record mine have problems using the bundled cable. It appears to be a qc issue

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #645 of 738
Bought a pair of IE300 from Amazon UK two weeks ago and had to return them as the volume was cutting out on the left ear piece, just ordered a replacement before the Black Friday price went back up and they are working fine. Had to get rid of the horrible cable though, purchased a cheap Amazon replacement cable for £20 until I can afford to get a better cable. Very pleased overall with the sound of the iE300, far better than my Campire Audio IO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back