Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Aug 17, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #586 of 738
Spoke too soon, silicon's slide about a bit when on the move. Ordered some Comply tx400 , they work great on my Shure true free wireless. The sennheiser foamies are beyond awful, rob the sound of any sub bass, the silicon's defo sound much better. Shame they feel like they are dipped in flour.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #587 of 738
Spoke too soon, silicon's slide about a bit when on the move. Ordered some Comply tx400 , they work great on my Shure true free wireless. The sennheiser foamies are beyond awful, rob the sound of any sub bass, the silicon's defo sound much better. Shame they feel like they are dipped in flour.
After trying many different tips I settled on the Comply 400, they sound the best to my ears and the isolation is much improved.

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #588 of 738
I am thinking of getting the Ie300, does anyone know how they compare with the Ie80s? Is it a worthy upgrade? Is the soundstage large like Ie80s?

Thanks for anyone's help.

Aug 24, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #589 of 738
I am thinking of getting the Ie300, does anyone know how they compare with the Ie80s? Is it a worthy upgrade? Is the soundstage large like Ie80s?

Thanks for anyone's help.
I do have ie300 now and owned ie80s for a very short period of time, definitely recommend you to get ie300 even though I do not know the price difference in your living country.

The ie80s feels like extremely bass head oriented even I have already switch the bass to lowest, while the bass and sub-bass of ie300 is funny and enjoyable to listen, with impressive resolution at the same time you would not feel distracted by the bass when listening to ie300.

Aug 26, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #590 of 738
Seems to be £125 on amazon at the minute in the UK...

I've only got a pair of moondrop starfields, anyone know if this would be a step up in sound quality? And anyone any experience buying sennheiser stuff from Amazon? Always a bit dubious when they have such reduced prices

Aug 26, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #592 of 738
Seems to be £125 on amazon at the minute in the UK...

I've only got a pair of moondrop starfields, anyone know if this would be a step up in sound quality? And anyone any experience buying sennheiser stuff from Amazon? Always a bit dubious when they have such reduced prices

wow ! £125 is a steal !

Aug 28, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #595 of 738
I do have ie300 now and owned ie80s for a very short period of time, definitely recommend you to get ie300 even though I do not know the price difference in your living country.

The ie80s feels like extremely bass head oriented even I have already switch the bass to lowest, while the bass and sub-bass of ie300 is funny and enjoyable to listen, with impressive resolution at the same time you would not feel distracted by the bass when listening to ie300.
I just got IE300 yesterday. After a day of listening not digging them as I would like to. I find the mids near the bass to be way too prominent.

I have Viper4android EQ on my phone and have to reduce the 125 to 500 range and boost the Trebles . I prefer Subass around the 20 to 40 range and the IE300 does not have the punch and rumble that the IE80s has. I prefer kind of V shape with Subass been prominent. IE80s also has better clarity on the Trebles.
I also own the KZZS10Pro and think it has better Subass and Trebles then the IE300 and it cost me £45. The IE300 has better Soundstage and imaging but find the KZZS10Pro is more fun to listen to.

Wil try and see if the IE300 grows on me, if not will keep using the IE80s and the KZZS10Pro.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #596 of 738
I’ve been listening to these for the last couple of days. Can see what people are saying about the bass being a bit much at times for critical listening but I think these are a lot of fun.

The detail is the best I’ve heard in an iem as well and I didn’t know soundstage could be this good in an in ear either.

While I will still do the majority of my listening on over ear cans these have shown me that you can get a full sound from an iem which I’ve never had before.

Also these are the only comfortable wired iem I’ve ever used, I’ve spent a lifetime thinking my ear shape meant that I could never get comfort and seal at the same time but these are so light and thin I forget they are in.

For £125, I’m very happy.

Sep 2, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #597 of 738
For those who want to try some PEQ, I want to share my preset in an attempt to restore the mids without affecting too much the rest of sound characteristics, using my own HRTF, but I hope it helps with others’ ears too:

808A7A0F-F309-43F6-B0C3-004D154A12AD.jpeg

If you don’t like Harman bass and prefer the elevated stock bass response, you can skip the first two low-shelf filters.

Also, adjust the filter 5 (3400 Hz) at your liking for the desired mid response.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #598 of 738
For the interested ones…there is a 150€ deal on the german site of the amazonas…👍🏼

Sep 5, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #599 of 738
Joined the community of IE-300 owners several weeks ago, after discovering that I misplaced my pair of IE80's and looking to purchase a replacement. I was aware that the IE80 was discontinued and replaced by the IE80s, but reading so many negative reviews, I was discouraged to go for it. Than I discovered the new crop of 100s, and the attractive discounted price of the IE-300 ($199 Amazon) made me to pull the trigger. I was pleasantly surprised, that Sennheiser finally got to their senses, and packaged this product with economy on mind, rather than over-engineering it. The earlier lineup of yhe IE8-IE80's carrying case was practically useless, making the process too complicated to put the earpieces back into the case, that's why I found it empty a year or two later, when I craved the gear after a very long break from them.

I'm surprised about the high volume of negative remarks regarding the 300's cable, personally I find them very comfortable and high quality, though I don't move around too much while listening music. The factory installed gels also work perfectly for me, I'm floored by the effectiveness of their ambient sound isolation, and opened the paper bag with the tip assortment just to see the content of it. These are so far the best in that regard I ever owned, as well as comfort. Kudos to the design team for nailing the ergonomics of the ear places to this level of perfection, I'm amazed.

Regarding sound performance, to my surprise they perform exactly as I expected of them. Coming from the Logitech UE900s, my most favorite gear of all time, I knew this gear would not be able to match their resolution, but fortunately they not that far behind. While surely resolution will not win accolades for Sennheiser, I don't think it would be realistic to expect more in this price range. The purpose behind this acquisition was to have a pair of wired IEMs for everyday casual use, and they fit the bill. Wish at least the bass resolution would be a tad-bit higher, but I'm glad to hear the drowning mid-bass hump of the IE80's gone. I have not owned a single pair of IEMs ever, that would match the mouth watering fast, deep and detailed bass of the UE900s, not even the Westone 40SE. That said, I'm still very happy with the purchase, and I hope it's sound performance will improve with more burn-in. So far I have less than 24 hours on them. Since I listen exclusively Sounds From The Ground like trippy electronic music, the recessed mid-range is a boon to me.

As I was reading through all the comments, I noticed many of you also owners of the IE-100 Pro. I picked up a pair a long time ago for monitoring sound recording, I never ever attempted to use them for music listening, I did not expect they would be suitable for that purpose. You folks got me curious now to try them, once I'll find the time, after finish burning these in, or get bored with them....

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #600 of 738
Really love this head phone but the left channel started cutting out quite frequently after just a week of moderate use. Just put a returns through for it. Considered asking for a replacement but I would be too nervous about it breaking again. Back to the starfields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back