Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Oct 7, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #391 of 738
My IE100 Pro have arrived today. So far:
  • stock tips are all unusable for me, just like with the IE300. They all don't have a proper seal. Never had those problems with other IEMs. These are working for me: Final E, Comply TSX-400, Azla Xelastec. The Comply work best, because they are less prone to sibliance.
  • I actually like the cable of the IE100 better than the IE300 cable. It's a little bit thicker, but feels softer and the surface is smoother. It has a cheaper look, but honestly I don't care about it. My Impression is, that I won't have the need for a replacement with this one.
  • Not needing a replacement cable is good, because here are some proprietary connectors. Good thing about them: they do not turn in circles as easily as the MMCX connectors on the IE300. At least now when they are new.
  • Sound: they have less bass than the IE300, which is bad and good at the same time. Bad because during the last week with the IE300 I got used to much bass :darthsmile: Good because the IE300 just can have to much bass here and there...
As @Skev has reported some posts before: Instead of the Aonic 3 also these could be a less bass heavy alternative to the IE300. They are not expensive (95 €).

Oct 7, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #392 of 738
Which cable did get?
The genuine Sennheiser 4.4mm balanced for IE300/IE900... Not exactly cheap but microphonics aside I like the cable.

Oct 7, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #393 of 738
My IE100 Pro have arrived today. So far:
  • stock tips are all unusable for me, just like with the IE300. They all don't have a proper seal. Never had those problems with other IEMs. These are working for me: Final E, Comply TSX-400, Azla Xelastec. The Comply work best, because they are less prone to sibliance.
  • I actually like the cable of the IE100 better than the IE300 cable. It's a little bit thicker, but feels softer and the surface is smoother. It has a cheaper look, but honestly I don't care about it. My Impression is, that I won't have the need for a replacement with this one.
  • Not needing a replacement cable is good, because here are some proprietary connectors. Good thing about them: they do not turn in circles as easily as the MMCX connectors on the IE300. At least now when they are new.
  • Sound: they have less bass than the IE300, which is bad and good at the same time. Bad because during the last week with the IE300 I got used to much bass :darthsmile: Good because the IE300 just can have to much bass here and there...
As @Skev has reported some posts before: Instead of the Aonic 3 also these could be a less bass heavy alternative to the IE300. They are not expensive (95 €).

Yeah I also the the IE100 Pro a while back and remembered liking it a lot but I was drawn over to Shure at that time 😂.

Glad you're liking it! A good option when you want something a bit more laid back and don't mind it 'kicking around'.

I agree the stock cable on it was absolutely fine, no issues, not the most luxurious but who cares? Does the job well.

Oct 7, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #394 of 738
Funny :relaxed: I had the Aonic 3 here three weeks ago, but decided that it was not the IEM I was looking for (more fun sound). I actually wanted to order the Aonic 4, but then stumbled upon the IE300 :wink:

I also have the Shure SE215 in the office and without a direct comparison I guess the IE100 Pro are by far better sounding. Sennheiser has done a good job here. The probably can compete with a lot of ChiFi stuff in the 100 € market. The Shure SE215 can not.

And another thing: The Sennheisers are light and offer a good fit, just like the Shures :thumbsup:

Oct 7, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #395 of 738
Yeah that's pretty much the primary reason I stick with Shure & Sennheiser now, that's fit & size! If they don't fit well or are uncomfortable there's no point having them.

Chi-fi so far hasn't reached the same level of size and fitment, and the QC of some sets I've had leave a lot to be desired.

I've tried all Shure's except the Aonic 4's, just never liked the idea of a hybrid.

Oct 7, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #396 of 738
Chi-fi so far hasn't reached the same level of size and fitment, and the QC of some sets I've had leave a lot to be desired.
Fitment is a usual issue I experience with ChiFi IEMs, too. The last one I had to send back for refund was the Moondrop Aria. And the iBasso IT00. Just unusable for me. But there are others like the cheap Blon Mini, which are fine.

Oct 7, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #397 of 738
The genuine Sennheiser 4.4mm balanced for IE300/IE900... Not exactly cheap but microphonics aside I like the cable.
Well... when I look at the cable on the Sennheiser page in the US that cable is not avalable.

Oct 7, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #398 of 738
Well... when I look at the cable on the Sennheiser page in the US that cable is not avalable.
Yeah same in the UK, however, I managed tonget itnfrom Audio Sanctuary here in the UK. Not sure if they ship abroad.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #400 of 738
Hello friends,

My take on the IE300, if you don't mind a Google translate.

https://www.hxosplus.gr/reviews/sennheiser-ie-300-review-in-ear/
Strong review 👍 and nice write-up.

I've been listening to mine a lot today and I'm loving them more and more.

Listening to Pink Floyd's Final Cut, for example, in Paranoid Eyes the soundstage is truly 3D and authentic. The footsteps are literally below and behind you then sweep around underneath you, then rise as walking up into the bar, like footsteps would! Insane. It's now making me think about IE900's but at £800 more it's in the realm of diminishing returns I'd imagine.

Please... Listen to Paranoid Eyes!

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #402 of 738
Well..

Order placed for IE900! 😱 End-game though. Definitely. Wife would divorce me if I changed my mind in a few months 🤣🤞

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #404 of 738
How the IE300 compare to an IE80s?
I had the IE80s for a few years and the IE300s are much better in every way. Build quality with the new cable is much better, it doesn't use the ear hooks that always fell off. The IE300s have slightly less bass than the IE80s, but it's much clearer now. The rest of the tuning is pretty similar but the IE300s sound much clearer. I highly recommend them if you want an IEM that'll sound good and last for years with no issues.

Oct 11, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #405 of 738
I had the IE80s for a few years and the IE300s are much better in every way. Build quality with the new cable is much better, it doesn't use the ear hooks that always fell off. The IE300s have slightly less bass than the IE80s, but it's much clearer now. The rest of the tuning is pretty similar but the IE300s sound much clearer. I highly recommend them if you want an IEM that'll sound good and last for years with no issues.
Thanks! I might buy one then. Lately i find my IE80s a little muffled and congested in terms of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back