Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Mar 3, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #152 of 738
IE300.PNG

:disappointed:

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #155 of 738
I wonder how they compare with the IE 80. Are these considered an upgrade over that model?

Also, I'm wondering if the Comply ear tips can work with the IE 300's in lieu of the stock ear tips.

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #156 of 738
I wonder how they compare with the IE 80. Are these considered an upgrade over that model?

Also, I'm wondering if the Comply ear tips can work with the IE 300's in lieu of the stock ear tips.
The IE 300 are replacing the IE 80 for me and the sound is much better. Still a bit bassy compared to neutral sounding earphones (that's my preference), but much clearer and less distortion at higher volumes. Fit much better in my ears too. According to Sennheiser the 300s are based on the IE 800s which are an improvement over the 80 in itself.

The Comply ear tips should work, I tried my IE 80 ear tips on the 300 and they worked even though they were different sizes.

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #157 of 738
The IE 300 are replacing the IE 80 for me and the sound is much better. Still a bit bassy compared to neutral sounding earphones (that's my preference), but much clearer and less distortion at higher volumes. Fit much better in my ears too. According to Sennheiser the 300s are based on the IE 800s which are an improvement over the 80 in itself.

The Comply ear tips should work, I tried my IE 80 ear tips on the 300 and they worked even though they were different sizes.

Sweet. Just what I wanted to hear, lol. Placing an order now! I'm also upgrading from an IE 80, so I'm excited about these.

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #158 of 738
I have been listening to the IE300 for the last couple of days and I'm pleased and impressed.

I usually have to do a lot of tip-rolling (and usually end up with large foam). But the large silicone stock tips with these created great isolation and fit. That's good, because there's not much of a lip on the nozzle and it's hard for some tips to hold on (although Complys do). The buds are small and almost weightless, super comfortable.

I like some heft in my bass, and the IE300 supply that, yet nothing is muffled anywhere and every instrument is distinct. D'Angelo's "Devil's Pie" really thumps, but the vocals are clear and natural, the horns breathe and those those blippy high sounds go scampering around outside my head. Valery Gergiev conducting Stravinsky's "Le Sacre du Printemps" has precise string articulations, thunderous but clearly tuned tympani, triumphal brass and busily scurrying flute and piccolo.

Listening to other stuff, acoustic instruments sound like you're in the room with them, and I've been savoring how many different tones drums and cymbals actually have. And then I put on insane electronic tracks like "A Latent Space" on the new Mouse on Mars album and all the surreal details are in focus.

I have one gripe: the cable. It's a microphonic nightmare. Although it's an MMCX connector, it's non-standard: the connector is recessed so you'd need a replacement cord with a long narrow end. None of the other MMCX cords I have at the moment (an OEM Shure and some Chi-fi ones) will fit. So you don't want to be moving around while listening to these.

Sennheiser should seriously rethink the cord. But these sound so good I'm willing to put up with it.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #159 of 738
I have to say, the IE 300 is an improvement across the board over the IE 80. Really impressed with these headphones so far, and I've only been listening to them for 30 minutes so far, lol.

My ear shape usually makes it a nightmare to keep in-ear headphones in, and I always had that issue with the IE 80's, but the fit on these is spectacular. Hell, the fit alone is worth the upgrade in my opinion.

Detail and separation are excellent and these things handle bass like a champ. Sennheiser has a winner with these.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #160 of 738
Got mine yesterday - really like the sound so far! Fit is really good as well

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I went on the Sennheiser Australia site to look at spare parts (wanted to grab some more tips) and noticed they fit the IE 300 / 600 / 900 so sounds like some other models are coming!
Screenshot_20210309-141707_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mar 9, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #161 of 738
Got mine yesterday - really like the sound so far! Fit is really good as well

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I went on the Sennheiser Australia site to look at spare parts (wanted to grab some more tips) and noticed they fit the IE 300 / 600 / 900 so sounds like some other models are coming!.

If there are IE600 and IE900 coming...just WOW. The IE300 are SO good.

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #165 of 738
I’m getting an IE 300 in the mail soon, too. Looking forward to testing out some tracks with it, planning a “Digital Care Package” for everyone to commemorate international release
1615302564274.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back