Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Jan 12, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #32 of 738
Assuming the 3rd party cable's jacket (at the connector termination) is not larger than 4.8mm, yes.

It’s a Fidelity+ MMCX connector. It provides more connection durability by being slightly recessed, so that mechanical stress applied from the side of the cable is absorbed. Should prevent intermittent disconnection issues found in some MMCX connections.

Thanks for the response. Agreed that mmcx connectors can be problematic.

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #33 of 738
I own the IE500 Pro and I think it is one of the best-kept secrets in this hobby. It is easily the most overall impressive single-driver earphone I've ever heard, even more so than the ER4S/ER4XR from Etymotic. And there's no doubt it outclasses many, many competing multi-driver earphones.

I also listened to the IE400 Pro which was a great way to get 90% of the IE500 Pro sound for 60% of the cost. I also heard the IE40 which retains many of the same hallmarks of the IE400 Pro though in all honesty at $99 no one can expect it to compare directly to the IE400 Pro.

Needless to say I am very excited for this product :ksc75smile:
Uh-huh, sounds like shameless promotion :smirk:

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #34 of 738
Sorry you feel that way. I've been here giving my unbiased thoughts for nearly 10 years and 2000 posts of content / reviews. Maybe you should take the time to investigate my claims, you might be pleasantly surprised :ksc75smile:

Jan 12, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #36 of 738
Screenshot (14).png
graph.png

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #37 of 738
Sorry you feel that way. I've been here giving my unbiased thoughts for nearly 10 years and 2000 posts of content / reviews. Maybe you should take the time to investigate my claims, you might be pleasantly surprised :ksc75smile:
It would have made sense to investigate in case I wasn't familiar with IE500Pro :relaxed: Within this price range there're a whole bunch of options which give you better overall performance. It's a pity, since I've come to like the style and comfort of new IE series.

Jan 12, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #38 of 738
It would have made sense to investigate in case I wasn't familiar with IE500Pro :relaxed: Within this price range there're a whole bunch of options which give you better overall performance. It's a pity, since I've come to like the style and comfort of new IE series.
You've bought a pair and listened to them yourself?

Jan 12, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #40 of 738
Why would somebody buy an IEM that didn't pass audition test? :hushed:
So... your experience with them is a couple hours at most with a few songs. I have more than 60 hours using them and comparing them with over 50 other IEMs I currently own. Maybe I value different qualities of sound performance than you. Maybe it's just a lack of experience.

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #42 of 738
Had IE 400 pro for couple of days, the sound was mediocre, and cable wasn't comfortable for me, but i couldn't replace it due to proprietary connectors (why sennheiser?? why can't you use regular mmcx/2pin??). It sounds like these IE 300 are more or less the same, so i will pass :D

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #43 of 738
Looks like a V-shaped tuning. I don't see the ear canal resonance peak at 3kHz. Voices would sound distant.

Unless the graph is compensated and I am assuming that they are raw

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #44 of 738
@jude how many people are in their engineering team? Three?
Those are some of the product managers and Jermo is at he head product manager, but there are several product managers and engineers working on different projects pretty much all the time. Ronja sadly transferred to the communications department recently, but Jermo is still part of the A-Team, and I consult freelance for them to keep up with Head-Fi.

If it helps, I’ve never seen him at the office 😂
Personally, I don’t think there can ever be enough user reviews, each one helping to build up the collective gestalt. If you already heard a model for yourself, obviously that’s firsthand experience, but FYI the Pro models are tuned for stage and studio use, while this IE 300 has much more in common with the IE 800S as far as a tuning.

Had IE 400 pro for couple of days, the sound was mediocre, and cable wasn't comfortable for me, but i couldn't replace it due to proprietary connectors (why sennheiser?? why can't you use regular mmcx/2pin??). It sounds like these IE 300 are more or less the same, so i will pass :D
Worth noticing that this is MMCX, so some third party cables will work just fine, as long as the jacket at the cable termination isn’t thicker than 4.8mm.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #45 of 738
this IE 300 has much more in common with the IE 800S

I still have the IE800S, loved it and was my daily driver for several years, though recently Chi-Fi really overtook them in terms of performance at much lower price brackets.

Looking forward for a comparison of the IE300 with the IE800S (or the original IE800 which I also had).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back