Sennheiser IE-8 insulation popped out
May 17, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 10
You should think about getting a replacement cable soon.  This will eventually break, and there's not much you can do about it short of some glue and tape.  Still, it's best to get a replacement cable as backup.

May 17, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #3 of 10
Alrighty, thanks for the reply.

I think I might've jumped the gun but I just purchased the "Beat Audio: Supreme Rose" cable from Unique Melody.  Has anybody tried this cable?

I got it 'cause it looks beautiful and sturdy.
tongue.gif

Might it have been overkill for the IE8?

May 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #7 of 10
I believe it still is, but I'm reluctant to ship them because I recently had a parcel disappear.  If I buy something at least I can make a claim if I never get it.  However, if I send a parcel and then have it lost I suspect I would only be covered for the ~$10 shipping.

Plus, I already successfully sent them back once also due to cable issues so I think that Sennheiser's cable might not be so great.

May 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #8 of 10
I was speaking to one of them the other day about my IE8's and they told me they would have normally just sent out a replacement cable if it wasnt for the loose nozzle on mine.
I suppose its worth a shot asking them if you can just send them an e-mail confirmation of your purchase and pic of broken cable instead of physically mailing it off and waiting. If they allow it, ask them for their personal sennheiser e-mail; otherwise you'll never hear back if you send it to their generic service@sennheiser adress

May 18, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #9 of 10
Aw...that mean that I would have to call first...
Not to sound strange, but having to call people up always makes me uneasy.
I don't know what it is but since I was a kid I've always stayed away from the phone
blink.gif

Oh well, generic address that I'll potentially never hear back from it is
tongue.gif

May 18, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #10 of 10
Good news and bad news...with a twist!

Bad news turned good news:
      Generic e-mail got back to me pretty quick but they want the whole unit, which is fine now because...

Good news turned bad news:
      I just finished experimenting with tips and found something that was thin enough for my right ear (very very narrow) but in the process got the nozzle pulled loose.  Now I have to send it back anyways
frown.gif

ugh.

Thank you all for your responses though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back