Sennheiser IE 7... 24 hours on
Jan 31, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #31 of 43
lol what do you mean you went to sleep, shocking
jecklinsmile.gif

i did notice on on another thread you mentioned that they can make things quite veiled. hmm i dont think im sold on getting some part of me resents the idea of having to and im just not convinced they going to help me much.

shure foams im willing to buy becasue i have several iem's they fit and get used on but buying complys for one iem only and that im not convinced is going to make a big difference just isnt enough. if comply made a range including some silicon tips then maybe

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #32 of 43
it takes lot of effort to get them on....i am still not sure if i got them correctly.

since i ll be wearing them outdoors...i dont think i ll have that much time to put them on..

.in that much i can take a shower and get ready to leave ..lol

well i just wanted to give them a try

and other than comfort..i didnt notice any improvement in sound quality..infact i was more happy with bi-flange's perceived sound quality

(notice i mention "perceived" because they dont reflect IEMs true SQ)

damn..now i am unable to get them out ...they are so tight.

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #36 of 43
Well in real life use I never have a problem with the Customs as well. Theoretically they are microphonic like hell though, but I don't notice them due to the way I wear them. Thanks for that though, makes things very much easier to decide now!
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #40 of 43
I am leaning over towards the IE 8 (if only because of the modular cable design) despite its uglier looks. The bass quantity isn't a huge problem as I read that they do tame after a period of burn-in. At worse I can give them to my girlfriend, who is a basshead, as an anniversary gift.

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #41 of 43
yeah i agree the modular cable almost swayed me to them but that bass dial was a big turn off and i not after huge amounts of bass, 7 easily has enough.

have u read cnets review of them? since i know u like ur custom 3's they directly compare the IE7 to them cnet IE7 review

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #42 of 43
ah CNET review..thats like a comic read.

but i am noticing they are improving their quality of reviews..maybe some head-fiers can get a job as their reviewer.

btw Mark...how are u powering the IE7?

with iPod i didnt enjoy them...i used D2 Boa via Line out and now iPod sounds better...

i noticed the soundstage hugely improves and so does Bass.

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #43 of 43
i dont think their review are too bad, bit skimpy on the detail but that one in particular i felt was appropriate given its comparison to the kc3 and it matches well to what other had said about them and what i think about them.

i always think it helps so much in reviews when they can be compared to something you have and know well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back