Sennheiser IE 7... 24 hours on
Jan 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #16 of 43
hmmm...i think u missed out on soundstage.

the IE7 have an impressive soundstage which makes me not miss my headphones.

not as huge as IE8..but then it also gives better isolation than IE8 imo.

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #18 of 43
the large bi-flange gives the tightest seal..but it also brings a bloat in the bass dont u think?

so far large foam tips and medium silicone did a good job for me.

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #20 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by KGB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, not recommended for a basshead? I enjoy the bass of the cx300, how would these compare?

I don't have IE7 but I have IE8 and cx300 and have read all the posts in "Breif Opinions - IE8" where there were some mentioning of IE7 too. I'm sure IE7 beats cx300's bass just as IE8 does.

The cx300 is way too muddy compared to the IE7/8 league. With IE8 I can feel the texture, no way I feel the same on cx300. They are simply on different levels. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the IE7's bass.

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #21 of 43
IE7 & IE8 are leagues ahead of CX300..

both have great punchy bass but a bass which is controlled much better than that of Bloaty CX300.

IE8's bass is somewhat head shaking...whereas IE7 is punchy tight but not that large which gives a sub-woofer feeling

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #22 of 43
fit wise the only tip i could get any sort of seal at all was the big double flange, they sit very very shallow in my ears and everything else way just sitting ready to fall out the moment i moved.

the bloat sometimes in the bass calms down quite a bit but yeah for the first few days some times i thought omg there is so much bass.

fit is far and away the biggest problem i have with the IE7, they are comfortable and do fit okay with the big flange but they constantly feel so shallow. i just keep wanting to shove them further in all the time but they just dont go any deeper. its the one thing that i rather quite dislike about them.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #23 of 43
^The Deeper the better?

i made a thread if Tri-flanges can be used with them..but some said the bore is too thick for that.

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #25 of 43
i found Bi-flange as best..but their material isnt very soft.

i think i m gonna give Comply tips a try...on their website..the T-400 are recommended for IE7.

but man..they are expensive...are they worth it is the question

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #26 of 43
ditto, and i slightly resent having to buy tips especially when i dont know if they will actually fit. given how many the bloody things came with i think its a bit ridiculous that only 1 of them fits in the slightest. yes sennheiser your earphones sound rather nice but put a little effort into making them a shape that fit rather than the weird ass shape to make them look "cool"

how hard would have been to make the nozzle a little longer?

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #27 of 43
hi i got them finally:

n617976166_1807829_550.jpg

n617976166_1807826_2174.jpg

n617976166_1807827_825.jpg

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #29 of 43
hi man..

i went to sleep..it was nite here.

Okay here's my impression with Comply tips.

Firstly, the Sennheiser IE series bores/nozzles are very thick..so putting them on takes some skills...u have to put them on little tilted towards the top of the nozzle which is elongated.

after that... when u touch them..u feel like keep doing it for some time..man they are so soft.

now comes time to put them in the ear..i squeezed them in circular motion ..one interesting thing is that they expand more slowly than any other foam tips ever..this gives u time to put them inside your ear as deep as you want.

so now i plug on my iPod with D2 Boa amp...i start with AC/DC - Black Ice.

Immediately i noticed the right channel aint sounding as loud as left..and music is dulled out..as if covered by a thick layer of cloth.

i adjust them....the right channel suddenly opens after some moving around..but even then entire sound is dull and distant...ultra veiled.

but then i notice ..maybe the opening of foam tips hasnt opened up properly so deep inside....so i Pull them out very carefully.

and Voila!..

suddenly ..sound opens up..as if a curtain has been moved up.

Comfort: These have to be the most comfortable tips..they are so soft..softer than your own skin..and when u wear them..u wont feel any sensation of a material touch your skin...its like u r not wearing any iems.

perceived Sound Quality:
After u pull them out a little..the sound opens up and then u start noticing improvement in details.

the bi-flanges which created mild bloat in the bass..these ones dont.

listening to Skies on Fire - Black Ice ..

the bass is layered and has the subwooferish feel to it.

the soundstage is there..but Bi-flange had better.

overall great stuff to get..if comfort and fit is your priority.

Isolation is still not as great as that of bi-flanges..which give a tight seal..but they are hard on the skin too.

so try them atleast once..

not very economical for long term though let me remind u.

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #30 of 43
oh ya..Comply Tips also sent me a mail on how to wear them properly.
Quote:

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing Comply™ Foam Tips! We appreciate your business!

Here are some suggestions to maximize your experience with the Comply™ Foam T-400 Series tips:

•Ensure that before insertion the tip is evenly compressed so that it can slide into the canal.
Pull back and up on the ear lobe to open the canal then gently insert the tip. It may take some positioning for the Comply™ Foam Tip to be lined up properly in your ear.
•Hold the device in place for approximately 15 to 30 seconds until it is fully expanded.

Sound from a device can seem muffled if the tip is not lined up in the canal.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Very best regards,

Joseph Yé
Customer Service/Sales
Hearing Components

Users who are viewing this thread

Back