Sennheiser HE-60 ''The Legendary Baby"
Oct 21, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #46 of 149
We both wondered if Sennheiser would release something like this again.

Considering how Hi End stuff prices are currently rocketting, I'm afraid Sennheiser would ask a lot of money for that.

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #47 of 149
after 15 years, i've sent my he60hev70 setup to sennheiser for full service, also a full recap/cleaning etc of the hev70. i've never heard the he60 setup better, 1-2 class better than when i bought it. other caps??. the he60 has the same signature as a he90. listened to that one for hours on end. the he90 is 1-2 class better. everything is so smooth, everything sounds easy/simple, more natural.??
thinking, when everything sounds that simple and easy, why this thing costs 25k??? it's just normal sound.. tja, high-end..
the he60 is a bit more rough, less dynamic, it;s not that natural sounding and easy compared to he90. but it's price, muaah, i think sound quality wise it's a couple of % perhaps max 10% less than a he90 combo. yep, it's that couple of % which costs 1000's more.

but it's mids, especially electronica or vocals. it makes me smile. it has this punch, it's fastness
i thought i would sell this headphones, haven't used it much the last 10 years, preferred grado=rock. but i'll keep it. i don't think there are better ones on the market, only he90, but it's price is not compared to a he60. the he60 is the best bang for the buck. now i know why alot of those he60/hev70 setups were bought before they came into the market=sennheiser people. this setup for it's price, was and perhaps still is, the best bang you can have. ok, i bought mine for 680, after revisions 1k+....
so, in all these years. it's still the he/v60/70 combo which make me smile.
perhaps someday i will have a DIY T2... :wink:

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #48 of 149
perhaps someday i will have a DIY T2... :wink:

I recommend you buy a stax adapter for the He60 if you haven't already? That Max 10% drops to fast :)

What Sennheiser needs to do is release another Electrostatic combo! A HE1 Jr. or HE1 "baby version" for the mass market! Price it around $3000 and it will sell like hot cakes! And if they are super smart about it, release just the headphone for around $1500 and see what happens. It boggles my mind they haven't done this yet. The greatest audiophile company lagging behind for some unknown reasons.

Funny thing is I talk to one of the engineer's and told him I like to see a HD800 close back version, a wooden HD800 and HE60 update. So far I got 1 of the things I asked for. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #50 of 149
full service is 800-900.
mine was one of the best he60 he had ever seen. haha, perhaps i've never used this one the last 15 years.. the owner before me almost never used this one..
oja, have to report this. the person who worked my he60/hev combo was very very experienced. so, you need the right sennheiser person to service your combo. most important.
he90 combo goes to germany. because there is only one person who could revise those.. important..!!!

@protoss i have a stax adapter, built that one 15 years ago.
i know how the he90 combo sounds
the he60 is very very close. now i know why the he60 combo was almost not available.all the sennheiser guys bought this setup.
they lost money with the he60, just as the he90.. forget 3000 euro
no, it's not 3000. it's a 10-15k combo perhaps more now the new senn is 50k=minus 10% in sound quality. i think prices are in a new range for he/v60 combo. too bad
if you can find a he60/70 combo for less than 1k, revise it completely for 8-900. 18-1900 i don't think you would get a headphone combo for this price.

oja, the reason for not buying a normal stax amp. i know somebody who perhaps will built a DIY T2..
i'm happy with this combo. i have a smile on my face and that's what's audio about. a smile.. and yes, i know the he90 combo and still have a smile with the he60 combo..it's that what audio it's all about. comparing with the he90 combo, it's the best bang for the buck ever.. the senn guys where right to buy almost all he/v60/70- lot. it's perhaps the best/cheapest headphones combo since mid 90's.

at the moment i have 15k sony cdp as source, studer and emt having a revision at the moment. because of the revision of the amp, the sony sounds good, even it's 30 years old

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #51 of 149
full service is 800-900.
mine was one of the best he60 he had ever seen. haha, perhaps i've never used this one the last 15 years.. the owner before me almost never used this one..
oja, have to report this. the person who worked my he60/hev combo was very very experienced. so, you need the right sennheiser person to service your combo. most important.
he90 combo goes to germany. because there is only one person who could revise those.. important..!!!

@protoss i have a stax adapter, built that one 15 years ago.
i know how the he90 combo sounds
the he60 is very very close. now i know why the he60 combo was almost not available.all the sennheiser guys bought this setup.well, when all the senn guys bought this one.. it's the one you should have.
they lost money with the he60, just as the he90.. forget 3000 euro
no, it's not 3000. it's a 10-15k combo perhaps more now the new senn is 50k=minus 10% in sound quatlity. yep 30-40k...it's a new range for he/v60 combo.
if you can find a he60/70 combo for less than 1k, revise it completely for 8-900. 18-1900 i don't think you would get a headphone combo for this price.

only he90 T2 DIY is the ultimate thing you would have, but another price point.
oja, the reason for not buying a normal stax amp. i know somebody who perhaps will built a DIY T2..

i'm happy with this combo. i have a smile on my face and that's what's audio about. a smile.. and yes, i know the he90 combo and still have a smile with the he60 combo..it's that what audio it's all about. comparing with the he90 combo, it's the best bang for the buck evarr..!!! the senn guys where right to buy almost all he/v60/70- lot. it's perhaps the best/cheapest headphones combo since mid 90's.

ok, at the moment i have 15k sony cdp as source...but still, this combo makes me smile

Would love to see some pictures!

It’s amazing Sennheiser will service after all this time I doubt many other brands would be happy to do that.

Dec 7, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #52 of 149
forget pictures
it's all about sound, just listening, that's it..
they recapped 100 caps of the hev70 and cleaned the whole amp.
my headphones worked 100%, its the amp. the amp got better caps, cleaned everything etc. so, i've got a smile. this thing is more fast than fast.

the senn guy told me, there alot of people who service their he60
the problem, when many want to service their he60 even it's incomplete. it's service parts dwindle.
iow you have to do it now, because its parts won't be available next year.
these days it's going quick, just send your he60 now, because tomorrow they cant service them anymore

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #53 of 149
Yes it is all about the sound of course but I think I speak for many people here when I say I like to see pictures of old and new equipment.

I appreciate Sennheisers product design visually as well but never mind enjoy your HE60. :relaxed:

Dec 7, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #54 of 149
Would love to see some pictures!.

Heres a distraction picture :p

1212.jpg

Dec 7, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #56 of 149
it's all inside the hev70. so not photo's
but,electrostats, it's all about speed..

forget the mdr-r10
the he60 let alone he90 i prefer
i like fasttt
sony is sloww and too colored. prefer the european sound
but that's my preference.
hey, where is the DIY t2...???!!???

ok, there are speakers which are better than the senn's.
it's the mbl's.. unfortunate these speakers + boulder amps are 10x senn he90...

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #58 of 149
it's all inside the hev70. so not photo's
but,electrostats, it's all about speed..

forget the mdr-r10
the he60 let alone he90 i prefer
i like fasttt
sony is sloww and too colored. prefer the european sound
but that's my preference.
hey, where is the DIY t2...???!!???

ok, there are speakers which are better than the senn's.
it's the mbl's.. unfortunate these speakers + boulder amps are 10x senn he90...

Yea it is your opinion! lol

Never forget the R10! Colour? Yes, But my god the sweetness of a god!

And wait a minute! You heard the HE90 right? Talking about color? The HE90 is Colour! Omega is not color! If you want to talk about color! The HE90 with that beautiful color sound is amazing! texture of its sounds is amazing! HE90 wins in its texture! Damn... BUT...

Please dont make me do a battle between HE90 vs R10 ... :frowning2: . Lets make fun of the 009 :p . Pathetic brightness lol
Stax mafia knocking on my door soon! LMAO!

Dec 7, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #59 of 149
if you have a he60 keep it
if you have he90 + t2, sell the he60

grado is better, ok its colored, it's less expensive than he60/90. but it makes you smile
and it's all about the smile

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #60 of 149
sell your r10
if you have a he60 keep it
if you have he90 + t2, sell the he60
that's my advice
it's he90 + diy T2 or he60
unless you like color=sony..
it's up to you
fast or color, that's the question
sony is colored, have sony 15k cdp, and i don't like it. i'm european i like more neutral. it's emt, philis,studer,nagra. i don't like sony.. tja

Sony must of did something to you! :blush:

I disagree with that selling style.

Why even sell if you own all of them?
And again HE90 is colour! So, your logic has to be, sell the HE90 also because its a color headphone!?

Im curious what Sony CDP you have? Sony CDP-R10 ? CDP-R1/DAS-R1 ? CDP-X707ES ? If you own these? You better not sell those! Those are amazing! But my PD-91 is better ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back