Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
Jan 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #346 of 3,016
What comes in the box. i know it does not come with power cord , thats fine.
but someone here in this thread said it comes with xlr cables for hd800 is this true??

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #347 of 3,016
From Official Manual:
amplifier, CD with user manual plus driver software for Windows, Quick Guide and Safety Guide
above are all in the box. no power cord, no HD800 cable.

audioaffair in UK said they will have it in stock very soon.....however no one know how soon is very soon.

I called Sennheiser customer service last week, they said they don't have a confirmed due date of the amp but it planed to be due in Jan.

so it should be due soon.
hope it worth the wait.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #353 of 3,016
Thanks for your thoughts thinker, anyway I believe that at the moment I'm counting very few people (including you) that have a good opinion regarding the new Sennheiser amp/dac.

I can't understand for which reason I'm not reading many positive reviews about this new product, in contrast of what happened to other previously released products, for example by Schiit (no one knew the Lyr, but it had been a success anyway).

Sennheiser produces great headphones, which I'll buy for sure, and it is a well known and appreciate brand in this forum, so it seems strange to me that a new (and original) product like this happens to be mentioned only in this thread (I mean there are not many threads regarding the HDVD800 other than this).

I was really curious about the performance of this new dac/amp combo, anyway at this point I believe there could be two main reasons for which what I stated above happened:
1) Not many people own the HDVD800 yet.
2) HDVD800 is not good in terms of performance/price ratio.

I hope someone could solve my doubts :).

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #354 of 3,016
A noticeable or a "big" difference in cabling suggests instability in the circuit design of the amplifier or inadequate shielding. I noticed no such effects but the system was comprised of rather good stuff. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #355 of 3,016
This is starting to look like a troll thread to me. Not our fault of course but I now I am not so sure whether even beer/sausage-loving-folk at headquarters know where this is going. It is not like them to be unsure of what they are doing, certainly not when it comes to marketing.

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #356 of 3,016
was going to buy the hdvd800 myself, but seeing as it's nowhere on sale, I got the v200 instead and will be getting the V800 next month...It's a shame when sennheiser announced this product and you can't even find it anywhere over here (Belgium). Makes you wonder if Sennheiser really wants to sell these things

That and there is like 0 information about this amp on the net, even their pages on the sennheiser site are rather vague.

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #357 of 3,016
I have ordered one , I should have it in about three weeks . And thinker has a extremely detailed
Review . We all can buy what we want but for me having this amp and the hd800
Makes me feel like I'm in the Orpheus club silly right but we all buy things for different reasons
But we all should feel good about our purchases no matter what makes us buy them
I will enjoy mine when it arrives.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #358 of 3,016
Quote:
I have ordered one , I should have it in about three weeks . And thinker has a extremely detailed
Review . We all can buy what we want but for me having this amp and the hd800
Makes me feel like I'm in the Orpheus club silly right but we all buy things for different reasons
But we all should feel good about our purchases no matter what makes us buy them
I will enjoy mine when it arrives.

I'll be very curious to hear your impressions. I will probably decide between HDVD800 and the new Schiit Statement amp (once it'll be released :)).

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #359 of 3,016
Quote:
I was really curious about the performance of this new dac/amp combo, anyway at this point I believe there could be two main reasons for which what I stated above happened:
1) Not many people own the HDVD800 yet.
2) HDVD800 is not good in terms of performance/price ratio.

Probably both of these. Also keep in mind that sennheiser has some pretty tough competition at the price they are asking, and they are a headphone manufacturer. They are putting out a brand new unit into a market that has been growing for the last 10 years with dozens of designers. Historically when headphone manufacturers produce amplifiers, they perform far under other amplifiers at that price point. My advice to anyone considering this is to be patient and see how this unit compares to the competition, read reviews, and make a good decision based on your knowledge/budget. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #360 of 3,016
I was planning to purchase this amp for my HD800, but the lack of information and availability made me get a Burson Conductor instead.

Still interested in reading impressions of this amp though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back