Sennheiser HD820
May 12, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #3,496 of 3,499

ruinedx

500+ Head-Fier
So, you don't need any more clamping force? How's sound leakage and bass performance? Would you wear them somewhere in public or they leak too much for listening in public?
Nope the clamping force is perfect given the extra weight the hd820 has over the hd800s

The sound leaks a decent amount (it's purposefully only a partially sealed design to avoid the boominess that most fully sealed designs have)

Bass performance is slightly better than the hd800s

I wouldn't wear them in public because wearing $2399 headphone with part-glass earcups in public/transportation doesn't sound like an intelligent idea, especially when it needs more power than a phone can deliver to sound good. I use these at home when the home environmental noise is too high for the hd800s.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #3,497 of 3,499

reel2reel

New Head-Fier
they need to send us some stickers. improve the quality. so the one sticker on mine that failed is the silver part is still on the headphone and the plastic transparent film part came off. some silver is still stuck on there. i don't want to super glue it back rather just remove it completely lol. if they send a cutout sticker i woudln't mind paint it silver, not sure what they are thinking. either don't use anything at all or paint it. at this price it should be a metal engraving type if logo. i saw the news sennheiser got bought out by some company. not sure that's just one sector or the whole headphone department.

what's a clamp force mod? is there one or still wanting for someone to come up with something? i haven't have much time listening to mine it's now collecting dust again like all my other headphones lol. still waiting for the end of month to move to new home and can take out the big dac and amps to listen to the hd820.

any cheap aftermarket cable that sounds better than the stock? i sold a very nice ALO chainmail HD800 cable a while go. wish i kept that. it was super long like 5m and worth quite a bit of money. but again it's really big cable and so darn long.

i have another cable ALO audio silver looking big cable that came with an audeze purchase. i am now out of audeze headphones and this is only thing left. maybe i should convert it to hd800. wonder using adapter is a good idea. last time i saw the adapter cost more than the cables.
Does the ALO chainmail sound better than the cardas clear or the clear light?

May 21, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #3,498 of 3,499

muscleking

100+ Head-Fier
Does the ALO chainmail sound better than the cardas clear or the clear light?
all this cable thing i am still a bit uncertain if i can hear the difference. but for audeze i prefer the alo silver cable vs the stock. it's hard to describe i feel like it sounds better, like more fun sounding not as dry.

HD800 i didn't compare much when using the chainmail, it is just a nice made and looking cable so i only use that. then i got cheap home made balanced cable and that sounds better because the audiogd device i got sounds better through balanced.

one cable that made some difference is an usb cable for chord hugo 1, i used this audioquest cinamon and i feel like it is better than stock cable. could be all phycological since i got all these cables included in the headphones i buy and they are special made for audio i think the brain just think it's better. i do want to try cardas clear cable seems very popular for hd800 or any big headphones.

May 29, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #3,499 of 3,499

reel2reel

New Head-Fier
all this cable thing i am still a bit uncertain if i can hear the difference. but for audeze i prefer the alo silver cable vs the stock. it's hard to describe i feel like it sounds better, like more fun sounding not as dry.

HD800 i didn't compare much when using the chainmail, it is just a nice made and looking cable so i only use that. then i got cheap home made balanced cable and that sounds better because the audiogd device i got sounds better through balanced.

one cable that made some difference is an usb cable for chord hugo 1, i used this audioquest cinamon and i feel like it is better than stock cable. could be all phycological since i got all these cables included in the headphones i buy and they are special made for audio i think the brain just think it's better. i do want to try cardas clear cable seems very popular for hd800 or any big headphones.
Thanks, Sometime the investment in cables has minimal returns. Notice this with the cardas clear light over the stock cables

Users who are viewing this thread