Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Jan 2, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #2,194 of 6,504

Here's mine...no peak at 6kHz (or anywhere), plus a bit more punch down low

For me, while I really liked the originals, they eventually moved to the back burner a bit and limited to certain genres. But with the improved bass response and the tamed treble they are now quickly becoming one of my favourite headphones. Seriously, it's really hard to put them down now. They've retained all the goodness from the originals and "fixed" the issues I had previously.

I can't seem to find my original measurements (I've since sold my original HD800 headphones), but there was a definite peak at 6kHz for that graph.

Wow, near as I can tell mine looks identical to yours... 

But honestly I don't know what to make of these. Here is my HD800 one and you can see that it really looks almost the same except for the bass. It doesn't have the degree of 6k peak that many of the sennheiser supplied HD800 graphs seem to have  Yet the treble between my HD800 and my S is sonically different. More so the these graphs would suggest.

Jan 2, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #2,196 of 6,504
Deleted

Jan 2, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #2,197 of 6,504
Oh sorry, as I didn't know that it had been posted before, should I delete it? Deleted it. 

Quote:

Geeeeeeeeeee!   Again?    Is this  posting number 1,045 of this video? 

Jan 2, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #2,199 of 6,504
I wouldn't say enlightening, but taken as a spoof it is quite funny and totally harmless, but it's been removed now. 

Quote:
It shows up every week or so, you're neither the first or last one to think they're enlightening this thread by posting a link to this borderline discriminatory video.

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #2,200 of 6,504

Hi,

In my opinion, no one should expect others to read the entire thread before posting. Searching for answers to questions previously asked is a good practice, but don't feel bad about posting it and don't bother to delete it, either. Leaving it could actually lessen the probability of it being posted again. :D

By the way, thanks for sharing something humorous. :D

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #2,201 of 6,504
Thanks, but I removed it anyway as it's obviously annoying to some thread contributors. 

Quote:
Hi,

In my opinion, no one should expect others to read the entire thread before posting. Searching for answers to questions previously asked is a good practice, but don't feel bad about posting it and don't bother to delete it, either. Leaving it could actually lessen the probability of it being posted again.
biggrin.gif

By the way, thanks for sharing something humorous.
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #2,202 of 6,504
Regardless it was my first view and I couldn't stop laughing. If we can't make fun of our selves.....it broke up the graph and peak debate which is fine and dandy but all I'm interested in are listening reviews of the S and how it compares to other cans.

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #2,203 of 6,504

So can somebody point to us a real frequency curve from their HD800s please..

a lot posted were really bad but others actually say the curve is to my preference. FLAT

and headphone shouldnt care about the fletcher munson curve.. it's the guy behind the mixing\mastering job to create a dip so the music stay balanced on any FLAT system..

Here's mine...no peak at 6kHz (or anywhere), plus a bit more punch down low

For me, while I really liked the originals, they eventually moved to the back burner a bit and limited to certain genres. But with the improved bass response and the tamed treble they are now quickly becoming one of my favourite headphones. Seriously, it's really hard to put them down now. They've retained all the goodness from the originals and "fixed" the issues I had previously.

I can't seem to find my original measurements (I've since sold my original HD800 headphones), but there was a definite peak at 6kHz for that graph.

Your original maybe something like this 
smile.gif

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #2,204 of 6,504

The true Litmus test will be if Peter decides to keep them. Methinks think he will
smile.gif

I'm surprised at the differences in individual graph measurements. Sennheiser are always consistent from model to model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back