Sennheiser HD800 Updates!!!
Jun 4, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #511 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I re-confirmed tonight that on the cable that I have the red wire is left and the green wire is right. Also, the wire diameter of the stock cable is 30ga, the wire itself is stranded and it's unclear to me exactly what it is. I could be silver, it could be silver-plated, but it's definitely not simply copper.

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't that a little on the thin side?

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #512 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by NWRain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does WBT even make an XLR connectors?

wbt does not have a xlr plug but i heard Analysis-Plus makes great xlr plugs.
prices are from $125 to over a thousand.

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #513 of 554
Thanks Tyll and company. I have #557 on my head right now, listening to Illinois Jacquet's Birthday Party. I'm going to enjoy getting to know these headphones and am, so far, very happy.

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #514 of 554
Same for me Headroom, HD800 SN# 0674 arrived today. I have not had a "wow" moment for a couple of years now. Last one was UE-10pros/Hornet/LOD. These are a "wow" moment. Very comfortable, high end much better articulated than the 650 imo. Not at all thin like the W5000.

Thanks
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #515 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't that a little on the thin side?

Not in this case, at least I don't think so. Typically one might avoid using something that thin for fear of breakage but these conductors are extremely well insulated from external forces. A DIY'er could never build a cable structure this complicated.

Jun 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #516 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I re-confirmed tonight that on the cable that I have the red wire is left and the green wire is right. Also, the wire diameter of the stock cable is 30ga, the wire itself is stranded and it's unclear to me exactly what it is. I could be silver, it could be silver-plated, but it's definitely not simply copper.

Hmmm rechecking mine again for the n'th time just see whats up..

Jun 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #517 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Tyll and company. I have #557 on my head right now, listening to Illinois Jacquet's Birthday Party. I'm going to enjoy getting to know these headphones and am, so far, very happy.

I am glad you are enjoying your HD 800 I canceled mine because Headroom will not be sending the balanced sets out until next week.

I was so disappointed, they (Headroom) assured me in LA. the HD 800 would ship on Monday and the balanced sets will go out on Tuesday! I should have them Thursday or Friday! (cool) Then yesterday I sent an E mail to headroom, asking about my Headphones Mike Olson sent me an e mail saying they would be terminated today and I should have them Monday. I called (Headroom) this morning to change the delivery to overnight so I could at least give them a listen over the weekend. Nope they will not even start working on them until Friday.

Why? I asked, "We have a bunch of amps that have to get out!!!!" I can't believe that someone has been waiting since Jan. 6 for an amp.
bigsmile_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5372345-post59.html It's not like they didn't know that I wanted them balanced.

So I was so disappointed with Sennheiser, and now Headroom I canceled my order. There I got that out.

I can't wait to come to Florida for a meet,
tongue_smile.gif
you guys and girl, are so nice!!!!

Jun 4, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #520 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if the HD800 are more big-head-friendly then the O2 (and it looks like they are) they could be the can for me. one of the biggest reasons I always fall back to Sennheiser is comfort. nothing beats an HD650 comfort-wise.

Man, my head must be GIGANTIC then because I'm actually ready to sell my HD650's because I just can't stand how hard they clamp. The DT880's and GS1000i's are my most comfortable 'phones.

I'm REALLY curious about how comfortable the HD800's are. I'm in the "wait and see" camp when it comes to them though...might wait a year or two.

Jun 5, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #523 of 554
They have some similarities to my omegas in resolution and speed. I'm getting used to more prominent highs - I've been used to the 600/650 for the past few months.

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #524 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I was so disappointed with Sennheiser, and now Headroom I canceled my order. There I got that out.

Sorry Mark. Don't know the whole story, but this whole HD800 thing has been a bit of a tussle. Not really sure the "had to get amps out" thing is exactly right, things are often more complicated than it seems, and folks are spread thin here especially with Mario having been at the show.

Anyway, no excuses, sorry you were disappointed, we'll keep working at it.

Jun 5, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #525 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry Mark. Don't know the whole story, but this whole HD800 thing has been a bit of a tussle. Not really sure the "had to get amps out" thing is exactly right, things are often more complicated than it seems, and folks are spread thin here especially with Mario having been at the show.

Anyway, no excuses, sorry you were disappointed, we'll keep working at it.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Your the first one to say that. ( "Sorry" ) Tyll I thought when the guys at the show in LA said that the balanced 800 would go out on Tues. that they might give me a heads up and say Mark we are so sorry. We can do A.B,C, for you! A, send me a set of stock HD 800, and when they had a balanced cable finished they could send it to me. B. Maybe send me a set from the LA meet? (I would of paid the new price for the demo pair. (all ready burned in
bigsmile_face.gif
) C, Mark we will do every thing we can to get you a set of balanced HD 800s to you by the weekend. "I'll ask some one in manufacturing if they could do one set for a very nice guy that we (all three guys at the meet) told would have his Balanced HD 800 by the weekend. I even posted. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5732658-post495.html And know one ever answered this post.

I got "I don't know what to tell you" They won't be done until next week" I was so disappointed I said cancel them, I shouldn't of done that
confused_face(1).gif
as I still want a set.

Thanks, I am over it, let me say I have met you 3 or 4 times and you and the guys I have met that work for headroom are the nicest and friendliest bunch for sure!!!! Loved the balanced amp and dac!!!!

The only thing to rip me away from the HD 800 and your New Balanced rig was "wow there are 2 girls here!!!!
553984168_KZfG8-M.jpg

I couldn't keep HD 800s off my head.
CanJam%201.jpg

He did say sorry, I got that wrong, sorry.

Hey Mark,

I'm not sure who you talked to, it was Tyll wasn't it
wink.gif
, but unfortunately your balanced headphones are still not ready to ship. We should have them done by tomorrow and ready to ship on Friday. Sorry for the delay and I know how anxious you are to finally get your ears on these babies.
smily_headphones1.gif

So right now the plan is to have your headphones done and shipping out on Friday. If anything changes, I will definitely let you know. If there is anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Mike Olson
Technical Services Manager
mikeo@headphone.com
HeadRoom Corporation
2020 Gilkerson Dr.
Bozeman, MT 59715

Users who are viewing this thread

Back