Sennheiser HD800 Updates!!!
May 27, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #451 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guesstimating that it might have had something to do with the size of the order they placed. I honestly have no idea how many units Todd ordered, could be around the same amount, but for some reason I'm assuming that Headroom's initial order is probably a larger amount and a bit more difficult to accommodate.

You are correct. Todd's first order was for 50 and he has two more orders of 10 placed, but he only received the first 50.

May 28, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #452 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guesstimating that it might have had something to do with the size of the order they placed. I honestly have no idea how many units Todd ordered, could be around the same amount, but for some reason I'm assuming that Headroom's initial order is probably a larger amount and a bit more difficult to accommodate.

Yeah, this is basically what Headroom told me on the phone today too. Indeed, you can't blame em for placing a larger order, normally that's best for everyone. I did call back for overnight too
beerchug.gif

May 28, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #453 of 554
Hmm I think overnight shipping will be in order for myself as well =)

May 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #454 of 554
I guess I am just different. I don't see any reason to cancel an order for a headphone, that I ordered 3 months ago, to get one a week early.

Happy to keep my business here, although I did order an HF-2 as well...

Have fun in LA at CanJam. I have boys getting off to camp this weekend. Was never in the cards to go play over there on the west coast.

May 28, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #455 of 554
Just got confirmation from HR that they will be receiving and shipping out the first batch of 800's tomorrow. I was told that overnight shipping on Friday would mean a Monday delivery. There is a Saturday delivery option. I didn't check into the cost since these are being delivered to my office. Looking forward to Monday. Can't wait to hear them with the Zana Deux.

May 28, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #457 of 554
I called them a while ago. If I order now, I would be 137 or something. Also it seems about 10 people cancelled. So there it is.

May 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #459 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I am just different. I don't see any reason to cancel an order for a headphone, that I ordered 3 months ago, to get one a week early.

...and kudos to you for that!

If it is any comfort at all, I have not heard anything from the store where I preordered the HD800 in January. Looks like their neighbours are the last to receive.

That is ok though... I will most likely have this beauty to take care of in about a week or so
bigsmile_face.gif

Martin002.jpg

May 28, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #460 of 554
Talked to HR today. They are certain the first shipment will arrive to them Friday and they "Have the boxes ready" to ship them out. Delivery to us will depend on what time tomorrow they get them and what type of shipping we signed up for. Logic tells me that since I've been waiting since I ordered in January that normal (3-day) shipping would be fine. I upgraded to overnight. Which will mean Monday (if they get them early enough) or Tuesday. Not that I'm eager or anthing...

May 28, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #461 of 554
Martin002.jpg

^^^But, how does this fit on your head?
smily_headphones1.gif

Received this e-mail from HR today:

"The 800's are supposed to be here in the next couple days. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you need to transfer funds".

Number 9...number 9...number 9 (for those of you who are old enough to remember Beatles cult references).

May 29, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #462 of 554
I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all you folks who ordered HD800s from us, and are awaiting your cans.

There's this guy, Axel Grell, you can see him in some of Sennheisers marketing materials on these cans, he's the primary engineer responsible for bringing these into existence. My impression when I met him four years ago was that he was a hard core audio geek wanting to bring really state-of-the-art science in to the hands of consumers.

Many times it wouldn' have happened; a lot of things can get in the way of world class performance efforts, but this time the mother ship had a clear vision, and it did happen. Sennheiser deserves big props for getting behind, and staying behind, a product like this.

Regardless of the curfuffle we've experience watching this product lurch out into the market, in the long run our remembrance will be fond.
I'm confident you will find these headphones one of the great audio purchases in your life, and down the road find you were one of the first to own one of the great audio products of all time.

Thanks for your order, and happy listening.

May 29, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #463 of 554
Tyll,

Will these still be shipped FedEx Express (and free shipping)? I heard that Headroom has moved over to UPS (which I am not so happy about).

May 29, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #464 of 554
Tyll,

You are a man of great class to engineer the above thoughts and get everyone to view the big picture. Kudos to you and HeadRoom. Many of us will be appreciating audio bliss in due time.

May 29, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #465 of 554
Just got a call from Headroom.

Sennheiser decided to send the headphones via ground... So the shipment will arrive next week (Wednesday) instead of this weekend.

Bad thing is that I have to leave USA this weekend.... So no HD800 for me, for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back