Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Dec 8, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #6,902 of 8,792
Just received my pair of HD800S. What. This is better than I expected, and I've not even messed with EQ much yet. I see why people love the soundstage on these. Adds an entirely additional layer of immersion -- I'm excited to try them with gaming.

If these just had a bit more sub-bass, they'd be damn close to perfect lol. I know burn-in isn't supposed to be noticeable, but after an entire day of use, I swear the transients and slam have improved.

I was looking at Dekoni pads... Hybrids vs Lambskin... Hmm... I guess oratory1990's EQ profile was with the lambskins. Does the lambskins screw up the tonality without the use of EQ tho?

Dec 9, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #6,903 of 8,792
What is the warmest chain you put in front of HD800S? And how did it turn out ?

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #6,904 of 8,792
What is the warmest chain you put in front of HD800S? And how did it turn out ?
So far, the Bifrost 2 with BH Crackatwoa is simply amazing.

But, I was surprised to hear it out of an Yggy LiM -> Sansui AU-999 last night. I expected the old solid state integrated to be a bit piercing, but actually was going on an immersive audio adventure lol. Still, found myself steering clear of aggressive modern rock /metal. The treble can be a tad much for those genres it seems

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #6,905 of 8,792
A little hot but don’t let that bother you

723C6F69-3154-455A-B76C-E94C2CE812B4.jpeg

Dec 9, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #6,906 of 8,792
Just received my pair of HD800S. What. This is better than I expected, and I've not even messed with EQ much yet. I see why people love the soundstage on these. Adds an entirely additional layer of immersion -- I'm excited to try them with gaming.

If these just had a bit more sub-bass, they'd be damn close to perfect lol. I know burn-in isn't supposed to be noticeable, but after an entire day of use, I swear the transients and slam have improved.

I was looking at Dekoni pads... Hybrids vs Lambskin... Hmm... I guess oratory1990's EQ profile was with the lambskins. Does the lambskins screw up the tonality without the use of EQ tho?
I tend to do a 8db Q1 shelf at ~40Hz for that. No noticeable increase in distortion and quite impressive subbass

Dec 11, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #6,907 of 8,792
My guys, can someone point me in the right direction for a quality cable that doesn’t break the bank? Appreciate it

Dec 13, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #6,910 of 8,792
Out of curiosity, do the HD800S assembled in Ireland have a sticker on the box (or headband) that says "Made in Ireland"?

Both my box and headband says Made in Germany despite production having changed to Ireland. Has mine been sitting in a box for a little while? Or, have they not updated the country of origin stickers?

Dec 13, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #6,911 of 8,792
Out of curiosity, do the HD800S assembled in Ireland have a sticker on the box (or headband) that says "Made in Ireland"?

Both my box and headband says Made in Germany despite production having changed to Ireland. Has mine been sitting in a box for a little while? Or, have they not updated the country of origin stickers?

If your headphone says Made in Germany, it was made in Germany. A change in manufacturing will take a while to manifest throughout the supply chain. You just got one of the existing units?

Dec 15, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #6,912 of 8,792
HD800S out of the Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 is suprisingly bassy. its not going to wow you, but its noticeable even without EQ. I'd love these a lot more if the damn hinges didn't literally pull my hair out every time I turn my head. Hoping picking up some Dekoni pads will fix that since they look thicker than the stock pads. Anyone have this experience and know an easy fix?

Dec 15, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #6,913 of 8,792
HD800S out of the Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 is suprisingly bassy. its not going to wow you, but its noticeable even without EQ. I'd love these a lot more if the damn hinges didn't literally pull my hair out every time I turn my head. Hoping picking up some Dekoni pads will fix that since they look thicker than the stock pads. Anyone have this experience and know an easy fix?
It pull my hair quite a lot of times when I try to take hd800s off. I think the best solution is to trim your hair, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back