Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Dec 23, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #9,511 of 9,633
Χίλια συγγνώμη φίλε μου νόμιζα ότι το ήξερες. 429 ευρώ και 24 άτοκες δόσεις...:)

For the others i cry too... hd600 100 euro less than we bought...:frowning2:
I just visit the site , and its not available ... i place it on favorites so if it goes to 430 again , i will buy them . thank u

Dont Cry , they worth it ... imagine that i paid for Focal Clear waaay more money , i had many problems and sold them ... Also with Sundara driver fail, pads fail thankfully all under warranty but i lose some money when i sold them ... So no dont cry , I never had problems with HD 6 headphones even after many years .

Dec 23, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #9,512 of 9,633
About 4.4 because i have aftermarket cables 3.5 , 6,3 from Forza audioworks i never tried stock 4.4 balanced , yesterday i take out the 4.4 long cable and try it ... Hmm even that i do not believe in cables , it did sound different ... i still dont know if its better or worst but with 4.4 sounded more smooth not as bright ( clear ) it was like the vocals from the song have more natural tone . I dont know i have to try the 4.4 more
My only argument for good cables is it’s such a distance for the sound to travel and possibly not be harmonised or pick up on something unwanted throughout.
I will say I wish I had a nice cable collection but I do notice a difference with cheapish cable upgrades.

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #9,513 of 9,633
If the packaging looks like this then they are the old version and are not as thick and dense. I purchased these from amazon about 14 months ago when sennheiser( old company) was out of stock.
Amazon still selling a lot of these.
You wouldn’t happen to have a link to them on Amazon or a tip on what to search for to find them? I would love to get my hands on a few pairs of the older type pads.

Dec 23, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #9,514 of 9,633
Thank u Very much for your post , i have all HD 6 line 58X 6XX 600 650 660s but not the 660s2 , And i want to ask u something ... I will buy 660S2 for sure because i want them for my collection and my child to have them, BUT does it worth to buy them now at 580 euro and enjoy listening compered to 660s or Just wait for them go at lower price and just put them in my collection ? Some say that there is Huge difference on bass for example ( i have EQ my HD6 line on Low End and didnt like the extra bass so i go back to Stock, thats my taste ofcorse because i am listening at night with no outside noise at all so some times bass is to much for me ) .
So to me its not the bass most important but the speed, imaging , separation, timbre , organic not metalic Sundara type of sound , Are these better on s2 compared to 660s ? and if they are , is it big difference ? Than you and sory for the big post.
When I first got S2, I was really excited and used it alone for a whole month to prep my hearing. I was expecting that when I put 660S back on again it would be totally dismissed. That did not happen. I remember my first impression was that it got spacious and not hugging my head anymore. The difference in bass is something I have to AB test to notice a little. Compared to other brands, that small difference between S and S2 in bass is negligible. For treble, I actually think the S is a little brighter and a little more solid. For example, glass breaking thins into air more focused with the S, and it disperses spatially with S2. But, neither is metallic or more so than the other. Same as you, I EQed quite a bit and only found stock to be the most optimal.

Given that you have a collection, you may notice more differences and appreciate them more than I do. I paid around $300 for both. I am happy with the prices. I would not pay more than $400 for S2, that would be an injustice to other 6 series.

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #9,518 of 9,633
Yes it got replaced by the HD 660S2. Honestly wish they didn't as the S sounds quite different than the S2 to me.
I take it you prefer the S over the S2. The majority seem to go the other way favouring the S2 tuning. There will be S versions available used for a few years yet and I'll bet there are still some unsold inventory out there yet.

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #9,519 of 9,633
I take it you prefer the S over the S2. The majority seem to go the other way favouring the S2 tuning. There will be S versions available used for a few years yet and I'll bet there are still some unsold inventory out there yet.
Not really, I like them a similar amount, I just found them very different sounding from each other with different strengths and weaknesses. I do think the S2 is the more technically impressive of the HD 6xx line. But of the HD 6xx line my favorite is honestly probably the HD 600.

Mar 2, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #9,520 of 9,633
Not really, I like them a similar amount, I just found them very different sounding from each other with different strengths and weaknesses. I do think the S2 is the more technically impressive of the HD 6xx line. But of the HD 6xx line my favorite is honestly probably the HD 600.
I agree. The S definitely has its strengths

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #9,521 of 9,633
@Sonic Defender I think there is a different issue here: original S were kind of benchmark to compare other cans to. S2 are not there (yet). Personally I prefer S2 over S but this also cloud be an effect of preferring the new toy to older one.

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #9,524 of 9,633
Agree they do sound different, 600 are phenomenal on some tracks and mostly what they do with vocals, but technically in my opinion 660s1 and S2 are better on imaging, speed, separation.

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #9,525 of 9,633
@Sonic Defender I think there is a different issue here: original S were kind of benchmark to compare other cans to. S2 are not there (yet). Personally I prefer S2 over S but this also cloud be an effect of preferring the new toy to older one.
I like and have all of them mostly I use 600 for music with vocals and 660s for movies,PC gaming and soundtrack music .
S2 I have them for a month and I need more time with them ,they are smooth warm compared to the others at first I thought that they don't have the clarity but they do , in a relaxed type of listening, maybe it's the new trend and they have that bass extension that there is a difference depending the track.
I am the opposite of u ,when I got a new pair of headphones I need time to love them. :) 😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back