Sennheiser HD650 vs. Denon AH-D7000
Dec 4, 2011 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CardasHD650

Head-Fier
Purchased the Denon's the other day and I'm so unbelievably gutted for it now - such a downgrade!!!

The only thing going for the D7000 is the sub-bass - apart from that they sound about the same as the Sennheiser HD 595’s, seriously!! (for the 6 or 7 times more money you pay, do you really need 15 / 20% more sub-bass than the Senn HD650 with the Cardas cable and the white ‘lively’ drivers in the headphones - not the dark ‘veiled’ ones I might add). The Denons look very nice but so does a polished turd.

Sennheiser HD650 with the Cardas cable and the white ‘lively’ drivers:
Sound) 8
Looks) 9
Price) 10

Denon AH-D7000:
Sound) 6
Looks) 10
Price) 3

Just want to put my point across so nobody puts themselves in the ‘same situation' as I did.
If you want to upgrade from the 650’s with the above gear look towards their bigger brother.

I’m no expert but I know what I like,
All the best :)

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 7
I'd say a good authoritative sub-bass is pretty important on a pair of headphones considering a flat, neutral, extending headphone can't reproduce near the type of bass that a flat, neutral, extending pair of floorstanders.

Otherwise enjoy your HD650.  They are a nice pair of headphones, very natural.

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
I'd say a good authoritative sub-bass is pretty important on a pair of headphones considering a flat, neutral, extending headphone can't reproduce near the type of bass that a flat, neutral, extending pair of floorstanders.

Otherwise enjoy your HD650.  They are a nice pair of headphones, very natural.

Very true about the accurate and true sounding bass - but for me it really doesn't justify the crazy price tag.

Thanks for the reply :)

Quote:
It all comes down to your tastes and what you can hear.

No headphone is perfect..and i can't afford headphones that cost 1k i just live with my t50rp at the moment.

Not even the HD800's?

Took me just under 8 months to save up for those and couldn't believe how ripped off I felt, I was livid :frowning2: still am tbh :frowning2:

All the best and thanks for the replies :)

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Nope not even the hd 800, i really can't be stuffed with ultra high end i just can't seem to stomach it.

I am happy with my t50rp just tried my other headphones and went yuck but i would not go yuck towards the dt48.

You should try out the t50rp it has more bass then the dt 48 which is what i was looking for i prefer neutral natural headphones the way it should sound.

I could not settle with the hd650 it isn't a headphone people in the studio would use.

The only headphones i accepted were the dt 48 and t50rp out of what i own but i class the t50rp as a more fun headphone but still natural and sounding very much like the dt48 with no artificial treble

Hd 650 the way it sounds sound silky smooth with a sound of a veil or a bit muffled i did not feel that was right but then the t50rp sounds smooth with clear clarity but not overdone like the hd650.

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for your post mate, looking at the Beyerdynamic DT48's now actually. Would you say they're better than the new HD700's though?

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back