Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #7,381 of 46,506
Quote:

Headphones are an "attractive nuisance." First, a cutie named DT 990 moves in with you. You're introduced to its friends, the Must-Have-New-Music family. Then, the groupies start arriving: Mr DAC and Ms Amp. Next thing you know, DT 990, an HD 650 you met on the Internet, and you are having threesomes.

Investment indeed.

haha, no but in all seriousness hd650 is a keeper.

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #7,382 of 46,506
Quote:

Headphones are an "attractive nuisance." First, a cutie named DT 990 moves in with you. You're introduced to its friends, the Must-Have-New-Music family. Then, the groupies start arriving: Mr DAC and Ms Amp. Next thing you know, DT 990, an HD 650 you met on the Internet, and you are having threesomes.

Investment indeed.

I think you meant this? lol

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #7,383 of 46,506
Dunno what this veil is people are talking about.  My HD650 has really nice, sparkling highs.  The mids and mid-highs are not recessed, they just aren't glaring.  It's the most detailed and unfatiguing listening experience I've ever had.

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #7,385 of 46,506
Quote:
Dunno what this veil is people are talking about.  My HD650 has really nice, sparkling highs.  The mids and mid-highs are not recessed, they just aren't glaring.  It's the most detailed and unfatiguing listening experience I've ever had.

Seriously. I was shocked at how good the highs are as well as the detail. I almost think at times that what I read about the HD650 does not describe the same headphone that I own.  

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #7,386 of 46,506
My HD650 are getting more head time than my DT880s :/ 

Or I could just still be on the HD650 honeymoon phase lol 

I'm actually thinking about getting a new amp to play around with some tube rolling. I'm trying to fight the urge to spend more into head-fi -_- 

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #7,388 of 46,506
$300 is ridiculously rare. $350 from Razordogdeals I think is fairly common. 

Is a sennheiser factory refurb a smart buy? I'm not familiar with razordog,, so i'm just being cautious as this isn't a purchase that I want to get wrong. The site says it comes with a factory warranty, just making sure sennheiser will extend a warranty through a 3rd party site.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #7,389 of 46,506
imackler, 350 from Brian @ RDD is no longer available. Senn raised their prices on their retailers. 

meeklo, i have purchased a few things through the years from Razordogdeals. he is legit and one of the good guys out there.  cant comment on refurb senns as i never bought one.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #7,390 of 46,506
I also don't understand what the veil is. Everything is very clear and crisp. The mix is separated very well. Voice sounds impeccable, especially intimate songs where the singer feels like he/she is singing in your ear. 

Maybe since these are the only headphones I use I don't have much to compare it with :D 

Quote:

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #7,392 of 46,506
Quote:

meeklo, i have purchased a few things through the years from Razordogdeals. he is legit and one of the good guys out there.  cant comment on refurb senns as i never bought one.

My mistake. It's Dakmart that is selling them. I just checked and Dakmart is an authorized retailer. So if they're an authorized retailer selling a factory refurb then it should be a pretty safe buy shouldn't it?

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #7,393 of 46,506
Quote:

Seriously. I was shocked at how good the highs are as well as the detail. I almost think at times that what I read about the HD650 does not describe the same headphone that I own.  

+1

Same here. I have no complains swapping between the PFEs with grey filters and the HD650s. Beautiful musical presentation and detailed as well. I don't feel like the highs are rolled off...I don't understand *shrug*.  I teared up from how beautiful the following artists sang through the cans: Jackie Evancho, Sarah Brightman, Andy Mckee's guitar <3.

I think a dedicated amp helps a lot.

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #7,394 of 46,506
Quote:

My mistake. It's Dakmart that is selling them. I just checked and Dakmart is an authorized retailer. So if they're an authorized retailer selling a factory refurb then it should be a pretty safe buy shouldn't it?

i stayed away from dakmart because they also sell under dahmart. when a company does something like that, i feel theyre up to something. but i have read that ppl have received their items as described. i myself, would rather stay away from a company that thinks changing its name by 1 letter, one being an authorized dealer, and the other not... is doing things right.

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #7,395 of 46,506
i stayed away from dakmart because they also sell under dahmart. when a company does something like that, i feel theyre up to something. but i have read that ppl have received their items as described. i myself, would rather stay away from a company that thinks changing its name by 1 letter, one being an authorized dealer, and the other not... is doing things right.

This one was adressed before as well. The reason is someone had took the name dakmart before they registed so they had to change the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back