Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
May 4, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #43,336 of 46,565
If most of you have old pads like mine, they don’t look that bad visually. In fact, the new pads don’t appear to be much deeper. However, if you squeeze or press down on the old pads, you can feel that the structural integrity is gone compared to the new pads -big difference.

May 6, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #43,337 of 46,565
I finally got around to upgrade my pads after 9 years of daily use. They were nasty and started to get very uncomfortable. I relay dont understand why I had not done it earlier. I will not wait 9 years to next time I upgrade. I went with the original pads and head band padding from Sennheiser. I'm not qualified to comment on change in sound, but the comfort is a different world.

May 6, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #43,338 of 46,565
I finally got around to upgrade my pads after 9 years of daily use. They were nasty and started to get very uncomfortable. I relay dont understand why I had not done it earlier. I will not wait 9 years to next time I upgrade. I went with the original pads and head band padding from Sennheiser. I'm not qualified to comment on change in sound, but the comfort is a different world.
Slow down big fella!

Not sure why you're making such a rash purchasing decision...not the way we do things on Head-Fi :wink:

And, while you're at it, stop spamming the community with so many posts...

May 6, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #43,339 of 46,565
Slow down big fella!

Not sure why you're making such a rash purchasing decision...not the way we do things on Head-Fi :wink:

And, while you're at it, stop spamming the community with so many posts...

I will back sometime in the future when there is a need to upgrade. But with the quality of the HD650 that is probably still many years until that day.

May 7, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #43,344 of 46,565
Looking to do a pad swap on the 6XX's. Was going to get the Dekoni perforated leather pads.

Anyone have any experience or recommends with Dekoni pads?

May 7, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #43,345 of 46,565
Looking to do a pad swap on the 6XX's. Was going to get the Dekoni perforated leather pads.

Yes, get the Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin pads. The slightly improve the sound (IMHO) and the comfort (probably in anyone's opinion). Expensive, but worth the money.

May 7, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #43,347 of 46,565

Agree with CaptainFantastic.

I got the Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin recently and the sound esp. the bass and comfort for my HD650 has improved. Worth the money.

May 7, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #43,348 of 46,565
Agree with CaptainFantastic.

I got the Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin recently and the sound esp. the bass and comfort for my HD650 has improved. Worth the money.
Thanks guys. I reached out to Dekoni to see if there's a promo code for Head-Fiers. There was one last year so i'll wait for a response.

If there isn't I think i'll just pull the trigger anyways and buy them.

May 8, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #43,349 of 46,565
I have complained directly to Sennheiser (both in Germany & Canada) about the crummy quality of the stock Senn pads, especially for the asking price. Terrible value. I recently ordered replacement pads currently on sale from Brainwavz (still waiting for them though) for half the price that Sennheiser charges. I forwarded my Brainwavz order confirmation to Sennheiser Canada to prove that their stock pads are way overpriced considering how quickly they deteriorate.
Curious if you ever heard back from Sennheiser (Germany or Canada) on your complaint?

May 8, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #43,350 of 46,565
Seriously? Do you think that Senn is not aware that they are expensive? Do you send emails to Apple to "prove" that they are overpriced?

The best one might hope for is a polite "thank you for your mail, we have forwarded it to the relevant department*" type answer.

* dustbin

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back