Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #35,446 of 46,514
You can get a tracking number with a USPS.com account before actually dropping the item off.  The tracking number will show date and time when it is accepted at the post office.  I have had this experience on eBay.  Seller would give you a tracking number then wait and take the item to post office several days later.

Good luck and enjoy you new cans.  :beerchug:

I wont know what happened until I hear back from this guy.

Sep 29, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #35,447 of 46,514
  David,  nice list of mods and their effects. The pursuit of the "absolute sound", by modding or by other means, is what keeps us in this hobby.

EQ-ing seems much easier to do, and it's reversible
biggrin.gif

EQ will never work for me since the signal from the 2 DACs is split up to 4 amps and I can have 4 headphones in use at the same time.  Also, EQ usually does not clean up the over all sound by reducing unwanted vibrations which is one thing that the sorbothane does quite well but you need to experiment with the duro rating, thickness, placement and sometimes if you put a large piece you might need to cut it in to smaller ones to make a difference (ie, on the back of the Grado driver I tried one single piece which only seem to tighten the bass but after scoring the single piece into 4 the highs became a bit smoother and the mids less shouty).  Dynamat works differently, it adds mass/weight to the structure which tends to add some weight to the lower frequencies and gives a fuller sound but does not affect the higher frequencies as much.

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #35,451 of 46,514
I changed my mind. I got a Zana Deux S instead.

Beautiful amp but damn that is expensive, especially compared the BH Crack / speedball.

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #35,452 of 46,514
Anyone know how to post a headphone for sale?

http://www.head-fi.org/f/6550/headphones-for-sale-trade

click on create new classified

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #35,453 of 46,514
Beautiful amp but damn that is expensive, especially compared the BH Crack / speedball.

Agree. Well I realized that I'm not confident enough to solder.
biggrin.gif

With all the talks about Jotunheim and it's synergy with Senn HD650, I could have save a bunch if it were released before I ordered the ZDS. 

Anyway, this is an end game for me and I mean literally because my pocket is already empty.

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #35,456 of 46,514
How does everyone listen to music where there's no custom EQ to increase bass (such as from YouTube)? On my FiiO E18 I could turn on bass gain, but on amps like the O2 that feature isn't available.

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #35,457 of 46,514
How does everyone listen to music where there's no custom EQ to increase bass (such as from YouTube)? On my FiiO E18 I could turn on bass gain, but on amps like the O2 that feature isn't available.

I don't use any EQ for personal audio. I have a little boost in mids on my Klipsch towers in the home theater, but for headphones and near-field (with my equipment) I feel it isn't needed. Some folks like to EQ in more sub-bass for the 650s but I haven't tried that yet.

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #35,458 of 46,514
Agree. Well I realized that I'm not confident enough to solder. :D

With all the talks about Jotunheim and it's synergy with Senn HD650, I could have save a bunch if it were released before I ordered the ZDS. 

Anyway, this is an end game for me and I mean literally because my pocket is already empty.
congrats, doesnt get much better than that. Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back