Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Feb 19, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #32,716 of 46,564
650s mids, as in they do very well with either gender vocalists?

The 650 mids is probably the driving factor I'm thinking of keeping my 650 and selling my 400i.

It does. It is a bit more aggressive then the 650 in the treble area, but it is still laid back and natural. They have a more airy soundstage then the 650, and like I said in my previous post deeper more impactful bass.

I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the 650's sound signature. Despite its looks....(not as horrid in person).

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #32,717 of 46,564
It does. It is a bit more aggressive then the 650 in the treble area, but it is still laid back and natural. They have a more airy soundstage then the 650, and like I said in my previous post deeper more impactful bass.

I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the 650's sound signature. Despite its looks....(not as horrid in person).

Thanks! I'm going to PM you with a couple more questions so as not to derail the thread.

If anybody else has opinions to suggest, please PM me!

Feb 19, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #32,720 of 46,564
  What kind of closed back are you guys using that sound similar to the hd650?  If there was only one thing I wouldn't mind different, it is a little bit more speed. Same price range as the hd650.

EDIT:  Doesn't need to be portable, but needs pretty good to great isolation.

I agree with @Fearless1 that the DT150's are pretty close to the HD-650, only got to hear them once, but they are not the best looking.  For a closed headphone its a TH-600 at home, doesn't sound like HD-650 but that's why I have it, don't want all my headphones to sound the same, gets boring, variety is the spice of life and not only with headphones
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #32,722 of 46,564
  What kind of closed back are you guys using that sound similar to the hd650?  If there was only one thing I wouldn't mind different, it is a little bit more speed. Same price range as the hd650.

EDIT:  Doesn't need to be portable, but needs pretty good to great isolation.

I have a set Senn Momentum Over Ears and except for a slightly boosted bass range (tight, not boomy) they are an excellent Senn sounding phone.
Also as a bonus they have a low impedance and high sensitivity which make them very easy to drive and very portable friendly.

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #32,727 of 46,564
  Wondering if it would even be worth my time to get this for around $200 on ebay, considering I only have a Creative Soundblaster Z

Not sure who you asking but the Momentum's will rock hard with the Soundblaster.
You can find the V1 Over Ears for under the $200 on ebay,  but as kvn864 warns of the NAD HP 50s, the Momentum V1's have smaller cups that some complained about
But I have a 7 3/8s head and average ears and mine fit fine.

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #32,729 of 46,564
Referrimg to the hd650s, sorry

Ah, honestly without trying it's hard to say.  The HD650s are notoriously hard to drive but by rep the Blaster Z is top of the line in soundcards and they claim driving ability for headphones up to 600 ohms.  Just might make you happy at least till you can afford something with more juice.

Feb 19, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #32,730 of 46,564
  I have a set Senn Momentum Over Ears and except for a slightly boosted bass range (tight, not boomy) they are an excellent Senn sounding phone.
Also as a bonus they have a low impedance and high sensitivity which make them very easy to drive and very portable friendly.

They sound nothing like the HD 650.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back