​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
blink.gif
 ​
WHERE IS EVERYONE ?????  15 HOURS AND 31 MIN. SINCE THE LAST POST ON THE HD 650 THREAD ?????
 ​
LET'S SEE .... IT WOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SENNHEISER HE1060/HEV1060 THREAD NOW WOULD IT ?????
 ​
HELLO OOOOO ?????
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Everyone is out buying used HD800s at bargain prices.

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #30,257 of 46,514

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
blink.gif
 ​
WHERE IS EVERYONE ?????  15 HOURS AND 31 MIN. SINCE THE LAST POST ON THE HD 650 THREAD ?????
 ​
LET'S SEE .... IT WOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SENNHEISER HE1060/HEV1060 THREAD NOW WOULD IT ?????
 ​
HELLO OOOOO ?????
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Isn't the HD800s a new model ?  

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #30,258 of 46,514
Nov 4, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #30,260 of 46,514
alright guys, I've asked this over at the lcd-2 thread but thought I ask here too.  And from reading on here.

Is the hd-650 really that close to sounding like the lcd's?  I love the sound of my lcd's but can't deal with the discomfort that it gives me after about an hr of use.

So now I'm thinking about selling the lcd's for a pair of 650's but only if they are truly similar.  I'm gonna be driving them with a idsd micro and a vintage amp.

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #30,261 of 46,514

Is the hd-650 really that close to sounding like the lcd's?  I love the sound of my lcd's but can't deal with the discomfort that it gives me after about an hr of use.

So now I'm thinking about selling the lcd's for a pair of 650's

I sold my LCD-2.2 this past April. Still have 650, which is more forgiving. The LCD's were just too heavy.

No, they are not similar.

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #30,262 of 46,514
  alright guys, I've asked this over at the lcd-2 thread but thought I ask here too.  And from reading on here.

So now I'm thinking about selling the lcd's for a pair of 650's but only if they are truly similar.  I'm gonna be driving them with a idsd micro and a vintage amp.

Like you the LCD-2f is just a little to heavy for me, can only listen for 1-2 hours before a change is needed.  The HD-650 is very comfortable and easy to listen to for hours at a time but it is not really a replacement for the LCD-2f, they are different enough that even friends that are tone deaf can tell the difference.  Another thing is I don't know much about the idsd micro and your vintage amp so I don't know how the HD-650 will sound driven by them, best I have for the HD-650 is UD-301 DAC and BH Crack amp, really great pairing for me.  The HD-650 will scale to what ever you have, best I've heard was with AudioGD Master 7 and EC Balancing Act at a friends house a few months ago.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #30,263 of 46,514
  Like you the LCD-2f is just a little to heavy for me, can only listen for 1-2 hours before a change is needed.  The HD-650 is very comfortable and easy to listen to for hours at a time but it is not really a replacement for the LCD-2f, they are different enough that even friends that are tone deaf can tell the difference.  Another thing is I don't know much about the idsd micro and your vintage amp so I don't know how the HD-650 will sound driven by them, best I have for the HD-650 is UD-301 DAC and BH Crack amp, really great pairing for me.  The HD-650 will scale to what ever you have, best I've heard was with AudioGD Master 7 and EC Balancing Act at a friends house a few months ago.

Ok, I read a couple of times where people had both and it was close enough to where they kept the 650's and it was good.

I could be wrong, this thread gets sidetrack a lot from people bickering about minute **** that I just ignore it until i see something interesting. Plus it's way to big to go back and search through everything.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #30,264 of 46,514

Ok, I read a couple of times where people had both and it was close enough to where they kept the 650's and it was good.

I could be wrong, this thread gets sidetrack a lot from people bickering about minute **** that I just ignore it until i see something interesting. Plus it's way to big to go back and search through everything.

I checked your profile to see what sort of amps you had & noticed your Kenwood KA9100.  That sucker will drive the HD650 to kingdom come.  They'll sound wonderful with that type of vintage amp.  I have a KA8006 and my HD650 have always sounded great with that amp.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #30,265 of 46,514

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
blink.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
HELLO OOOOO ?????
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Sounds like the Stanley Parable lol.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #30,266 of 46,514

I checked your profile to see what sort of amps you had & noticed your Kenwood KA9100.  That sucker will drive the HD650 to kingdom come.  They'll sound wonderful with that type of vintage amp.  I have a KA8006 and my HD650 have always sounded great with that amp.

I forgot to mention that I've also noticed your DAC is a Bifrost which  I've never owned but if memory serves me right (from reading threads/posts) it's somewhat on the warm side.  Since I've never owned/heard a Bifrost  I can't really pronounce myself on it's overall sound but if it is indeed on the warm side it may not be the best pairing with the HD650.  Maybe some other member who owns both the Bifrost and HD650 can share their experience about the sound of both together.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #30,267 of 46,514

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
blink.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
HELLO OOOOO ?????
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Sounds like the Stanley Parable lol.

No idea what the Stanley Parable was.  Looked it up.  Some sort of video game which took 20 some years to develop. Cool. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #30,268 of 46,514
@BobG55 Yeah for the time that the ka-9100 worked (1 week), I loved it.  I was going to sell all the headphone amps and just strictly use that, since all I had was power hungry headphones.  But then the left channel started to go out after 30 min of use 
frown.gif
.  Got to find a good repair man now.

The Multi-frost is a warm dac, never used a bifrost before, but I don't have problem using it with the lcd-2s, So I dont think I will have a problem using it with the 650's

Btw, lyr-2 + bifrost + he-500 is a good combo, as many of you probably know.  Just wished the ka-9100 didn't go down before I received the bifrost.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #30,269 of 46,514
blink.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
HELLO OOOOO ?????
 ​
 ​

They'll be back, they all ways are.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #30,270 of 46,514

Isn't the HD800s a new model ?  

The HD800 "S" is new. The HD800s are plural.............and "old".

Gotcha.  Hence because of the HD800 "S" coming out soon the HD800s are suddenly available in abundance in the sales forum. 

If only there were such a thing as an inverted comma. Then we'd know the difference between HD 800S and HD 800's.

Just sayin'
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back