Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #14,553 of 46,520
Absolutely stunning!! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #14,554 of 46,520

Wow, what a deal. I just got my HD 650's back in early September from Crutchfield [Authorized Sennheiser Dealer] and paid $499! I don't know if I was able to go back in time if I would still be able to wait for that deal, as I can't imagine being without my HD650's for even a day. But for that price I could have got the HD650's and a Vali for the price I paid for the HD650's by themselves! Awesome deal!

Just finished my Bottlehead Crack my HD 650's have never sounded better.

Absolutely Gorgeous! Nice work! I wish I had the ability to build one, I serously considered it at one time, but I have zero soldering skill nor any electronic component building skill. I'd have to actually go out and buy a soldering iron and the tools necessary to even be able to build it on top of not having any skill! I did write BottleHead an e-mail and asked them how much it would cost if they would build it for me (I have heard from other members that they offer to do that) but I never heard back from them and that was over a month ago.

Anyway, your Bottlehead Crack looks awesome, and I bet it sounds even better!

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #14,555 of 46,520
Thanks for the nice feedback guys.

Quote:

Absolutely Gorgeous! Nice work! I wish I had the ability to build one, I serously considered it at one time, but I have zero soldering skill nor any electronic component building skill. I'd have to actually go out and buy a soldering iron and the tools necessary to even be able to build it on top of not having any skill! I did write BottleHead an e-mail and asked them how much it would cost if they would build it for me (I have heard from other members that they offer to do that) but I never heard back from them and that was over a month ago.

Anyway, your Bottlehead Crack looks awesome, and I bet it sounds even better!

Don't be put off by lack of experience I had never soldered or used a multimeter before building my Crack. The instructions are excellent and straight forward also the video that Tyll Hertsens of innerfidelity did on his build is great for pointers. Its a very satisfying and rewarding experience building and then getting to enjoy something you have made yourself. The Crack really can sing I was hoping it would be good and it has not disappointed.

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #14,556 of 46,520

Don't be put off by lack of experience I had never soldered or used a multimeter before building my Crack. The instructions are excellent and straight forward also the video that Tyll Hertsens of innerfidelity did on his build is great for pointers. Its a very satisfying and rewarding experience building and then getting to enjoy something you have made yourself. The Crack really can sing I was hoping it would be good and it has not disappointed.

Thank you for the reply. I have heard multiple times how well the Bottlehead Crack pairs with HD650's. I'll go watch the video and see if it is something I may be able to do. Thank you for the encouragement!

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #14,558 of 46,520

Does buying from this Amazon Black Friday deal mean you're buying from an Authorized Sennheiser Dealer?

Just make sure you buy it from Authorized Sennheiser Dealer
wink.gif

Authorized Sennheiser Dealer list :
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/about-sennheiser-at-a-glance-sennheiser-worldwide
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/dealer-locator

Non-Authorized Sennheiser Dealer list :
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support-non-authorized-dealer-list

Official Counterfeit information :
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/about-sennheiser-at-a-glance-counterfeit

Nov 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #14,560 of 46,520
These HPs are even better, now i´ve put a DAC to my chain. I didn´t think it could make such a difference!

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #14,561 of 46,520
Here's a thing. I'm finding the HD650s very good with 'historical' material. Currently, I'm listening to the 1956 'Das Rheingold' from Bayreuth 'Ring' conducted by Hans Knappertsbusch on Music & Arts CD-4009, and the ability of these cans to find the music is, er, uncanny. I would have expected the warmth of the Sennheisers to have been less effective with older material, but that is not the case at all IMHO. My Q701s are not anywhere near as good with older (mono) recordings.

Learning all the time.

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #14,563 of 46,520
Hey everyone I think this is like my second on third post on head-fi so be kind :)

I have learnt a lot more about audio over the past year and a bit and have finally saved up enough money to get the Sennheiser HD 650's

I will be purchasing the "O2+ODAC Combo" playing my FLAC files from my laptop.

I just wanted to make sure that this headphone is the right headphone for me. I have been the lover of a very neutral sound signature for a long time and my favorite artists are; Pink Floyd, Coldplay, Nicolas Jaar, James Blake, The Who, Dire Straits, The Beatles, DARKSIDE to name a few.

Do you believe that the headphones would be good for the music that I listen to?

Thanks very much in advance everyone :)

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #14,565 of 46,520
  Hey everyone I think this is like my second on third post on head-fi so be kind :)

I have learnt a lot more about audio over the past year and a bit and have finally saved up enough money to get the Sennheiser HD 650's

I will be purchasing the "O2+ODAC Combo" playing my FLAC files from my laptop.

I just wanted to make sure that this headphone is the right headphone for me. I have been the lover of a very neutral sound signature for a long time and my favorite artists are; Pink Floyd, Coldplay, Nicolas Jaar, James Blake, The Who, Dire Straits, The Beatles, DARKSIDE to name a few.

Do you believe that the headphones would be good for the music that I listen to?

Thanks very much in advance everyone :)

What do you mean by "very neutral sound signature", have you try AKG K701, cause some people think that HD 650 is very colored against K701, as I have tried AKG K701, Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 600 ohms versions, and Beyerdynamic T1, I can say in my opinion that the most natural headphone is the T1, and then K701.

I have purchased the K701 but I can't endure wearing it for long time listening session, I can't endure the pain of the bumps, I can't endure the high sound signature of K701 a.k.a "fatiguing", so I sold mine and get the HD 650 and very pleased with it.

But someone out there just happen to be my opposite site, he / she doesn't feel quite pleasant with HD 650 and found the natural sound in AKG K701. You can view my reviews and his here http://www.headphone.com/headphones/sennheiser-hd-650.php , go to tab customer reviews posted by Bloody Gus, a review just below mine, and at the opposite site, look at his review here http://www.headphone.com/headphones/akg-k-701-white.php , go to tab customer reviews posted by Bloody Gus, and my review just 2 review below his.

So make sure you know what you mean by "very neutral sound signature"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back