Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #40,051 of 46,533
The ZDS has hi & low output switch. I've also got a sa amp & it was pretty much the same. I've got friends who have both and they feel the same. I'm not keeping mine as I can justify the cost. They are more similar than not.
Now that you sent them out for being measured, I would not say you really own them, lol. Let me tell you, from my DAP, especially driven balanced, they are a total different beast than the good old, but totally boring HD650/600. Maybe from tubes like your amp, it is different, but not from today's DAPs.

Oct 29, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #40,052 of 46,533
Now that you sent them out for being measured, I would not say you really own them, lol. Let me tell you, from my DAP, especially driven balanced, they are a total different beast than the good old, but totally boring HD650/600. Maybe from tubes like your amp, it is different, but not from today's DAPs.
Could you do a quick check and test whether the 660 drivers are compatible with 650/600? Thanks

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #40,054 of 46,533
Could you do a quick check and test whether the 660 drivers are compatible with 650/600? Thanks

I guess you plan to upgrade the core of 650 :D. Ofcouse if they are matching. Driver will not be a high cost

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #40,055 of 46,533
I guess you plan to upgrade the core of 650 :D. Ofcouse if they are matching. Driver will not be a high cost
:joy: I don't own a HD650 but I own the much older HD525. They do however share the same driver size and can be swapped between each other.
I've been considering to get the HD650 drivers but since the 660 are out, they might have the drivers up for sale soon too.

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #40,056 of 46,533
Picked up a pair of Momentum 2 Wireless for just a hair over $200 recently and, while they're certainly lovely on the go, nothing compares to my HD650/Pan Am combo. Before the Momentum, my on-the-go setup was either a V-Moda Crossfade XS or the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore; I'd never felt the need to compare either to the HD650 because the on/in-ear experiences were so different that it felt like a pointless comparison. But now that I have two over-ear pairs, I'm actually tempted to just get my money back for the Momentum. The difference is just night and day. So thanks, Sennheiser, for beating your own product once again.

Oct 30, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #40,057 of 46,533
Picked up a pair of Momentum 2 Wireless for just a hair over $200 recently and, while they're certainly lovely on the go, nothing compares to my HD650/Pan Am combo. Before the Momentum, my on-the-go setup was either a V-Moda Crossfade XS or the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore; I'd never felt the need to compare either to the HD650 because the on/in-ear experiences were so different that it felt like a pointless comparison. But now that I have two over-ear pairs, I'm actually tempted to just get my money back for the Momentum. The difference is just night and day. So thanks, Sennheiser, for beating your own product once again.
And which one is the second pair of Sennheiser over ear that beat another Sennheiser pair once again? Sorry I just did not understand...

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #40,058 of 46,533
Haha, I just mean my HD650 blows the M2W out of the water. Of course I expected that, but it's funny that over years of using different outdoor headphones I never thought 'huh, these are much worse than my HD650', while with the Momentum it kind of jumps out at me. I'll give them a couple of weeks of use and if I'm still feeling that way afterwards, I'll put them on the forums and give another member a good deal.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #40,059 of 46,533
For what it's worth, I sent an email to Sennheiser US customer service asking if the HD650 and/or the HD600 will be discontinued with the release of the HD660S; this is their reply:

Dear Ricardo

In regards to your request, we would like to let you know the following information:

Yes, with the new HD 660's, the HD 650's will be discontinued but, the HD 600's will be safe and still available

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back