Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 16, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #35,821 of 46,565
  Do whatever sounds good! 
wink.gif

Got it now. As long as the output at the "pre out" jacks are still tubed, that's ok. I was under the impression that the tubed output was bypassed when using pre out.
 Forgot that Ember was a fully tubed design.

It's called a floor speaker system. Try it sometime. Beats headphones (no pun here) any day for soundstage and 3D realism. 
cool.gif

lol, yes i realize that...but we're talking cans here, not a floor speaker system...esp for those of us who don't wish to spend the $$ on such.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #35,822 of 46,565
  lol, yes i realize that...but we're talking cans here, not a floor speaker system...esp for those of us who don't wish to spend the $$ on such.

oops...lol, the fellow on the left of that u-tube screen has floor speakers in the background, so I assumed....
confused.gif
popcorn.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #35,823 of 46,565
I like speakers too, there was this one time I experienced a holographic audio imaging from a setup. The singer was floating in front of me between the two speakers and the weight of her voice was just so real, she was actually singing in front of me and I just can't even-

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #35,824 of 46,565
  I like speakers too, there was this one time I experienced a holographic audio imaging from a setup. The singer was floating in front of me between the two speakers and the weight of her voice was just so real, she was actually singing in front of me and I just can't even-

Most decent well set-up systems will do this. Also, weed.

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #35,828 of 46,565
  I wish I've heard more decent set ups. Most of the time I go to speaker stores, they just sound loud. Don't get me wrong, they sound really good, but just not that holographic.

Room acoustics is just as important as the rest of the system when it comes to speakers

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #35,832 of 46,565
Room acoustics is just as important as the rest of the system when it comes to speakers
True. But the holographic system I tried was inside a store, where they display their products by the walls and some furniture. It wasn't or doesn't look like a dedicated listening room with sound treatments.
It's more or less like a normal audio shop, but the sound was amazing.

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #35,834 of 46,565
Do whatever sounds good!  :wink:

Got it now. As long as the output at the "pre out" jacks are still tubed, that's ok. I was under the impression that the tubed output was bypassed when using pre out.

Forgot that Ember was a fully tubed design.

It's called a floor speaker system. Try it sometime. Beats headphones (no pun here) any day for soundstage and 3D realism.  :cool:

It makes me think that my parents had an old kenwood hp amp, when i plugged some headphones into it, it didnt switch off the sound from the speakers, I could hear both the music coming from the external speakers and the headphones at the same time, creating the ultimate soundstage and immersion. It was a hell of an expérience.

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #35,835 of 46,565
It makes me think that my parents had an old kenwood hp amp, when i plugged some headphones into it, it didnt switch off the sound from the speakers, I could hear both the music coming from the external speakers and the headphones at the same time, creating the ultimate soundstage and immersion. It was a hell of an expérience.

Older gear rarely gets the fame nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back