Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #26,521 of 46,520
Happy Canada Day to all the Canucks out there - and happy listening to all our friends and fellow 650 fans around the world.

Peace to all 
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #26,523 of 46,520
Ditto guys
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #26,524 of 46,520
Quite cool how the web makes it easy to speak with our friends across the world with similar interests. Shout out to Scotland, England, France, Germany, Malaysia, Eastern Europe and all those other places the majority of this thread's subs are, and ofc our neighbours to the south gearing up for their big day.

Enjoying a big 'ole frosty mug and cueing up the Kodo drummers for a session. Enjoy!

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #26,525 of 46,520
@Jeff Y, You could also build the cable, its not very hard.  I've build 20+ cables in the last year for most of my headphones and the connectors for the HD600/650 are quite cheap and easy to work with, unlike the HD-800 and SRH-1840.  I've been using Canare, Mogami, and Cardas cables for most of my builds.

@DDDamian, If you like the Taiko drums you need to visit Hawaii, they have a few festivals during the summer with many different troups.  Happy Canada Day to you
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #26,526 of 46,520
My beer is finished and my nearest Beer Store is 8 miles away.

Miserabilist smiliey thing here.

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #26,529 of 46,520
Because of my internet here it takes me a while to get around to actually watching video links but that drumming is spectacular! I'm going to download it now & go off for a coffee. Then I might go to sleep for a bit. Wake up tomorrow & go for a drive, have lunch, meet friends. Then I might come home & maybe, just maybe, watch some drummers in HD.

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #26,530 of 46,520
@Zorrofox - the Canuck in you is showing - the Beer Store lol. I would think there's an off-license around the corner :)

All: The audio is way out of sync in that video - if you can find a copy (!) of the Sheffield Labs "Direct from the Masters" version of Kodo Drummers - Heartbeat Drummers of Japan" you're in for a treat!

@DavidA - if I get to Hawaii the music there would be just one of the fine bonuses :)

@iancraig10 - awesome! glad you did! they have a lot of great recordings - some very high in the dynamic-range catagory. Worth seeking out.

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #26,531 of 46,520
You must know of my liking for hi res files? The drumming works trally well with the visuals and points out each player's part in the overall sound. Each one playing parts of a fuller drum pattern. Really nice.

Jul 1, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #26,532 of 46,520
You must know of my liking for hi res files? The drumming works trally well with the visuals and points out each player's part in the overall sound. Each one playing parts of a fuller drum pattern. Really nice.

PM sent :)

Edit: Hold one, second PM incoming.....

Be warned: very high dynamic range. Must be turned way up to hear the low parts, and then watch for the crescendos!

Jul 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #26,534 of 46,520
  Japan and ENGLAND FIFA WC semifinal match is about to begin in an hr, just 2 km for me here.

Any picks? 
cool.gif

Tough call. England's going to bed and Japan's just waking up lol. My heart has to be with the Brits though :wink: despite those damn drummers lmao

Jul 1, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #26,535 of 46,520
  Tough call. England's going to bed and Japan's just waking up lol. My heart has to be with the Brits though :wink: despite those damn drummers lmao

They're both well adjusted, having played here for past 2.5 wks. LOL.

Will pick Japan. The Brits looked uninspired vs. Canada last weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back