Sennheiser HD650 + Creative X-fi Xtreme Music
Jul 16, 2006 at 10:09 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

That my friend is the best advice anybody in this hobby can give you. You may also want to consider selling your 650's and getting a cheaper pair of phones, there are a lot of really decent ones. I didn't realise personally that you need to train your ear to truly hear the differences with a lot of gear. I am thinking of getting my dad a set of sennheiser hd-201's, they are closed which I think is nice for gaming and rather cheap.

No offense to you of course Brian but I think this statement is a tad bit overstated, you can definitely enjoy high-end cans whether or not you're an experienced audio enthusiast or just starting out. The HD650s were one of my first true "Hi-fi" cans, and I enjoyed them tremendously for even simple FPS PS2 games.

Jul 16, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
No offense to you of course Brian but I think this statement is a tad bit overstated, you can definitely enjoy high-end cans whether or not you're an experienced audio enthusiast or just starting out. The HD650s were one of my first true "Hi-fi" cans, and I enjoyed them tremendously for even simple FPS PS2 games.

I think it also could be my brain is impaired // my hearing sucks. Even though I'm young, I can't hear a difference with the bass boost on my amp, or a large difference between different high end cans and stuff. I was the only person at the meet who tried the bass boost (I had Tyll and some other guys try it out) who could not hear it. I was also the youngest person, could just be me, but I don't know, most people told me I need to train my ears to fully hear everything and be able to appreciate the abilities/capabilities of the setup I have and tell the huge difference between cans. I guess it doesn't matter, a nice pair of cans is always fun and hd650s will always have a big improvement over cheaper cans and you'll still enjoy them. I really liked speakers a bit better for gaming even though my 5.1 logitechs are rather cheap speakers.

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889

Read Azure's thread on "the second biggest ever disappointment"
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #34 of 35
haha =D i want to get a dac and an amp. im on vacation in Shanghai, China and my dad owns a company so ill be here for like a month. i went upstairs to this stationary place and saw the most amazing thing ever: an audiophile mall. it was crazy, every shop had hd650, dt880, k701 Grado, bose, JBL it was really something

Jul 17, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
Read Azure's thread on "the second biggest ever disappointment"
wink.gif

Well there's no cure for plain ignorance
biggrin.gif
, he put together what could possibly be the worst system synergy known to Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back