Sennheiser HD600 - Headphone issues ; Replacement Cable?
Dec 31, 2011 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Anderosai

New Head-Fier
I have the Sennheiser HD600s. I have two questions :

1. This just happened no more than an hour ago - the audio is randomly cutting out of the left / right headphone. I have narrowed it down to the connectors that go into the headphones. I'm not sure if it's the plugs or the socket though. What has happened is that the contacts are sensitive to position. What can I do to fix this/

2. I would like to know if it's possible to get a braided headphone cable .. or whatever it's called , where instead of just having plastic and the wire it has the shealth around it - I'm not looking for the "improvement" you get from higher end headphone cable , just higher quality then what's provided.

Thanks.

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 8
sounds like the cable is the problem.

you could try sending it to sennheiser and have them take care of it.

and you can get the hd 650 cable which is cheap and already an improvement over the hd 600 cable.

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
I was looking at the HD650 cable , a lot of people say to just buy that for an immediate improvement. What's the difference between the two?

What? Stock vs. aftermarket?

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 8
I was wondering what the difference between the stock HD600 and HD650 replacement cable was. From what it sounds like is that the HD650 cable is thicker , doesn't develop issues with the headphone contact pieces and uses a 1/4" plug instead of a 3.5mm.

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 8
It's been a couple days without issue. I've just bought the HD650 replacement cable anyways, from hearing that it's thicker and alleviates the issues with the stock cable. Thanks for the help and suggestions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back