Sennheiser HD598 + Snowboarding
Dec 29, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #32 of 44
Quote:
What's the big deal? It should be no problem. I climbed Mount Everest with my SRH-940. In fact, if it wasn't for the SRH-940 I probably would not have made it all the way.

Hahaha, gotta listen to some Radio Head while your heading up there.

Quote:
This thread...THIS thread.

x2

Quote:
Also, consider AKG K1000.

I find them to work really well when I'm scuba diving.

Commenting on this comment and below, i actually find the LCD-3's a little better at both hobbies. I like both hobbies, and i like the lushness from the water and the action packed music when im curling. It's just something about them dam LCD-3's that make it all the much better.

Quote:
I've only found Stax to be good for surfing and competitive curling.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #35 of 44

I'm a little afraid to ask this here for fear of chicanery, but what about line dancing? I like strong but tight bass and a good soundstage. Thanks.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #36 of 44
In order to get some seriousness in this topic...  Maybe...

The Sennheiser HD25-II seems like it would work nicely.  It has a split headband which seems like it can be extremely stable on one's head, and it's closed for decent sound isolation.  It also has a rotatable ear cup for single-sided listening.  In addition, it's one of the most durable headphones you can get, yet lightweight and portable.

Others might be lightweight headphones such as the AKG K518.

But OBVIOUSLY, the best choice would be the Stax SR-009.  You won't have anywhere to plug the amplifier into on the go, but all that added weight from the electrostatic amplifier you need should help you accelerate down the slopes even faster.

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #37 of 44
I snowboarded with the Aiaiai Tracks. They're open enough to let me be aware of my surroundings with enough bass to be rather enjoyable and are sturdy enough to take a few falls.. The openess sometimes make a song sound so epic I stop completely for a listen as well as to admire the view while I'm at it. Wonderful. 

The..  598s are a little..  too big? maybe? 

Headphones the colour of dirty snow does not mean it is great to be used..  out in the snow T_T

I've tried IEMs but the isolation I found was overwhelming and can cause accidents with other snowboarders behind me.

Now that I no longer have the aiaiai tracks, I'll be using the Koss KDE 250

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #38 of 44

Quote:
In order to get some seriousness in this topic...  Maybe...

The Sennheiser HD25-II seems like it would work nicely.  It has a split headband which seems like it can be extremely stable on one's head, and it's closed for decent sound isolation.  It also has a rotatable ear cup for single-sided listening.  In addition, it's one of the most durable headphones you can get, yet lightweight and portable.

Others might be lightweight headphones such as the AKG K518.

But OBVIOUSLY, the best choice would be the Stax SR-009.  You won't have anywhere to plug the amplifier into on the go, but all that added weight from the electrostatic amplifier you need should help you accelerate down the slopes even faster.

Together with the battery pack and transformer on your back to power up your amplifier  :)

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #39 of 44
+1 for the HD-25s, those things are DURABLE and will last you for a long time.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #40 of 44

Come on, make an appearance in style now 
smile.gif
 Bonus points if you can find them after a big off.

AT-EW9

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Come on, make an appearance in style now 
smile.gif
 Bonus points if you can find them after a big off.

AT-EW9

That's a cool AT poster. Round of applause to AT!

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #43 of 44
I would honestly recommend a pair of Philips The Stretch: http://amzn.com/B003VNKKUS

They were designed specifically for things like snowsports, skating or biking.

- Tough tangle-free cable separates from the headphones when sudden force is applied to prevent breakage
- Super stretch headband for enhanced durability
- Closed design
- Durable, temperature-resistant TR55LX construction for active lifestyles

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #44 of 44

Headphones aside ~ what you need is a Burton MP3 Player jacket ~ check the sleeve controls!

84074481_db8f329426_z.jpg

Burton MP3 player jacket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back