Sennheiser HD590.......... wow
Dec 30, 2001 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Gradoistcool

Head-Fier
i have always skipped over these marvelous headphones in audio stores, not even bothering to try them on...... why? because most people said basically that they were junk that sounded thinner than an AKG K501 out of a 1mw discman! well, i got news for you, i finally tried them and all i can say is wow, i am VERY impressed, sennheiser smooth mids, with better treble CRASH(i love that!) but not sibilant, and bass to die for, makes HD600´s bass seem sloppy and a puddle of mud. I am still breaking them in but i have tried them through many different sources, and i found that they sound excellent even through my panasonic portable cd player! they are now my headphones for going to the fitnessstudio and for laying down and relaxing. They are the most comfortable headphones i have ever worn and sound better than anyone has ever said they do, at least to my ears. I recommend you give them a try, a low impedance HD600 like headphone, with clearer treble and more controlled bass, and even MORE comfort? too good to be true? no, i don´t think so. Oh and the soundstage seems to me to be not as confined as HD600´s "warp zone soundstage" nor "hollow" (quoting jan meiers hollow comment on the 590s) and these arent even broken in yet. Just goes to show you how much people can lead you into skipping something good on their opinions and likes. I wish i would have found these sooner!
redface.gif
oh well, thanks for reading!

Dec 30, 2001 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Gradoistcool
i got news for you, i finally tried them and all i can say is wow, i am VERY impressed, sennheiser smooth mids, with better treble CRASH(i love that!) but not sibilant, and bass to die for, makes HD600´s bass seem sloppy and a puddle of mud.

Well I've been trying to defend the HD590 for quite some time. It seems they are a truly unloved Sennheiser product, and I really don't see the reason for that just because they are considerably different from the HD600.

I sold mine... as I didn't feel I needed them having the CD3000... still... while fully pleased with the 3k, I think I will eventually buy a pair of HD590 for "cheaper" use.

They have excellent value for money IHMO, at least at the price here in Lisbon.

I agree with you, the HD590 are the MOST comfortable headphones I ever used. Very light, you can hardly feel them on. Build construction is a bit cheap.. I remember I used to listen to some kind of plastic noises while moving with them on.

But when it comes to sound... great product for those who don't mind an extra brightness and don't want to pay more for say, the CD3000.

Dec 30, 2001 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

great product for those who don't mind an extra brightness

Now you've got Vertigo-1's attention...like Scooby Doo running towards a Scooby snack.
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 31, 2001 at 2:53 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1

Now you've got Vertigo-1's attention...like Scooby Doo running towards a Scooby snack.
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Hey, you have the R10, we don't allow you to get closer to anything less. It's for your own good.

In any case... they're on my favourite headphone list...

biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2001 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 9
most of the music through them i hear is techno, trance, hard rock, live band music such as Rush, Live, Stevie Nicks, Die Ärtze, etc... and some classical and smooth jazz and even some hip hop, basically almost everything under the sun and they take it wonderfully, and vertigo, if you like brightness you will LOVE these, the cymbal CRASHES on some live music is very reminiscent of the SR325´s, the bass is too! but it has sennheiser midrange which is a definite PLUS in my book.
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2001 at 6:03 AM Post #9 of 9
I think I know why (referring to the title of this thread)... Someone in these forums had called the Senn 590 "the Grados of Sennheiser".
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back