Sennheiser HD580 + Essence STX
Oct 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Blackwldow

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, 
I came to post today, for the very FIRST time (and not the last one hopefully) in Head Fi, to ask for help.
I bought the Sennheiser HD580 two or three months ago in a local store for less than 90-100€. I really like them, confort wise, sound wise. They're really good, and more importanly they get the job done. However since i've been using them with my onboard audio (Realtek ALC892), i decided to upgrade to a proper soundcard, so a bought the Asus Essence STX
My questions (yes i have more than one :D) are :
-Will i be able to hear a difference ? (it's kind of a weird question, but i'd love to hear the opinion of those who switched from onboard to a soundcard)
-Is the Essence STX able to run the Sennheiser HD580 proprely ?
-Are the JBL LOFT30 a good set of speaker ? Am looking for good ones for less than 100€.

P.S.: Sorry for my english, it's not my main language :frowning2:

Oct 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Any chance you could list your location, it might help for giving advise.
It's also nice to see someone on Head-fi from a country we may not have dealt with before.

The Essence STX can easily drive the 300-Ohm Sennheiser HD580 headphones
and the Essence STX should make a noticeable improvement in audio quality.

Just make sure you disable on-board audio (in the BIOS), when you install an add-on sound card to your computer.

Try using the "Unified Xonar Drivers", instead of the asus drivers.
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 6
I recently bough the STX as well, and i got the Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO 250Ohm, and i also came from the ALC892!

The STX makes a HUGE difference, much much louder, and much more clearer/cleaner sounding, i had to re-listen to all my music, cause now i can hear things i could not hear before!

So in short, the STX alone will make a huge difference, depending on the fact how someones frame of reference is.

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #6 of 6
  I recently bough the STX as well, and i got the Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO 250Ohm, and i also came from the ALC892!

The STX makes a HUGE difference, much much louder, and much more clearer/cleaner sounding, i had to re-listen to all my music, cause now i can hear things i could not hear before!

So in short, the STX alone will make a huge difference, depending on the fact how someones frame of reference is.

Thanks a LOT buddy :D Am glad to hear that you're enjoying it ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back