SENNHEISER HD560S and Airpods Pro
Jun 30, 2021 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AlfaEagle

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I recently bought an Airpods Pro to use with my Iphone and I fell completely in love with its sound signature, resolution, soundstage and imaging.

In terms of headphones, I currently own a Sony XM3 and a GSP 602. After using the Airpods Pro, the Sony XM3 have become completely redundant for me. It loses in terms of soundstage, resolution, imaging and there is too much bass. However, my GSP602 are much better than the Sony XM3 in every areas. However, it loses to the Airpods Pro in terms of resolution and I prefer the sound signature of the Airpods Pro. For movies however I love the GSP 602 because of the soundstage, the bass and the surround capabilities. Using it with a GSX 300.

My question to you guys is whether the HD560s which I heard are incredible for its price, are similar to the Airpods Pro in terms of signature. And whether the HD560s can be considered as similar to the Airpods Pro but in a much larger scale, i.e. in terms of more power, more resolution, wider soundstage and better imaging.

Also I plan to use the HD560s with the FiiO BTR5. Do you guys think these two would be a good combo? In case the HD560s are too bright for me, will the FiiO BTR5 warmer signature help with that?

Thank you.

Jul 2, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 5
Listening to a few songs on the HD 560S and the AirPods Pro side by side, with the 560S running out of the Schiit Fulla 2 (best I could think of on-hand that may be similar to the GSX 300): to my ears the 560S gives off the more linear presentation of the two, and by comparison the APP delivers more presence in the midrange and a smoother, more rolled off top end. The 560S gives me a larger soundstage and better separation next to the Pro. For me, the Sennheiser seems more focused on creating a reference sound where the AirPods Pro come across as a fun presentation that's more relaxed up top and with a full midrange.

Since your goal is a "bigger AirPods Pro," I have some doubts that the HD 560S will deliver what you're looking for. For my tastes, if the APP sounded like a smaller HD 560S that would be an improvement on the overall sound.

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Listening to a few songs on the HD 560S and the AirPods Pro side by side, with the 560S running out of the Schiit Fulla 2 (best I could think of on-hand that may be similar to the GSX 300): to my ears the 560S gives off the more linear presentation of the two, and by comparison the APP delivers more presence in the midrange and a smoother, more rolled off top end. The 560S gives me a larger soundstage and better separation next to the Pro. For me, the Sennheiser seems more focused on creating a reference sound where the AirPods Pro come across as a fun presentation that's more relaxed up top and with a full midrange.

Since your goal is a "bigger AirPods Pro," I have some doubts that the HD 560S will deliver what you're looking for. For my tastes, if the APP sounded like a smaller HD 560S that would be an improvement on the overall sound.

Thanks a lot. It is very important for me to understand that before I purchase.

How do they compare when it comes to bass response? In terms of extension and amount? APP are pretty lacking on that. If HD560S is giving more amount both in intensity and extension then it will be amazing. Just a little more than APP would be the right spot for me.

The Sennheiser aside. Do you have any openback headphones in mind which could play the role of a bigger APP? I don't mind if it slightly more expensive than the HD560s.

I heard the Sundara might be what I am looking for. But then the soundstage does not seem particularly good. And also it is too expensive for me.

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks a lot. It is very important for me to understand that before I purchase.

How do they compare when it comes to bass response? In terms of extension and amount? APP are pretty lacking on that. If HD560S is giving more amount both in intensity and extension then it will be amazing. Just a little more than APP would be the right spot for me.

The Sennheiser aside. Do you have any openback headphones in mind which could play the role of a bigger APP? I don't mind if it slightly more expensive than the HD560s.

I heard the Sundara might be what I am looking for. But then the soundstage does not seem particularly good. And also it is too expensive for me.

If you are considering the Sundara, do look carefully at the HE-400SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back