Sennheiser HD555 (with 595 mod), Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro or ATH M50?
Mar 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
Which should be my next set and why do you prefer one over the other? Also what differences in sound signature should I expect?

How about... what are you looking for in a headphone? Do you need isolation? Do you want enhanced bass? Do you want flat response? What is your source (ie, soundcard, DAC, AMP, etc)? What quality of music are you playing (MP3, what bitrate, lossless, etc)? What's your maximum budget for everything? Does it need to be portable at all? Is it just for home? What is the intended use (music, movies, games)?

Very best,

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm impartial to what i'm looking for - just a very good quality headphone - I currently own Sennheiser hd-280 pros, Grado SR80i's and AKG K702's if that helps. They will be used only for listening to music. Source is FIIO E7/E9. Bitrate is mostly 320 mp3s and lossless. Max budget is around 200 - maybe a little above. Doesn't really need to be portable, mostly home use.

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
I'm impartial to what i'm looking for - just a very good quality headphone - I currently own Sennheiser hd-280 pros, Grado SR80i's and AKG K702's if that helps. They will be used only for listening to music. Source is FIIO E7/E9. Bitrate is mostly 320 mp3s and lossless. Max budget is around 200 - maybe a little above. Doesn't really need to be portable, mostly home use.

Get these then.

Very best,

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 6
If you already have a K702, then the HD555 or DT770 is likely to be a downgrade from that, unless you are looking for bass quantity with the latter - I would recommend the DT990 (Pro version is less than $200) instead then. If you are in the USA, for about $200 you may also be able to get an AH-D2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back