Sennheiser HD280Pro vs. Sony V6/7506 vs. Ultrasone HFI-650 Trackmaster
Dec 5, 2003 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

yawg3d

Head-Fier
Hi there...

it's me again
rolleyes.gif

Simple question this time: Which of these three closed cans are the best, which the second best and which the worst?

I know that everybody has his own opinion about this, so tell me yours!

Some points:
-I listen to Metal, Rock, Classic and Electronic like The Prodigy.
-If you think the V6 is the best, please tell me where to get them for a reasonable price here in Germany. Can't find anything below 130 Euros, which is quite expensive, considering it's no problem to find new 280's for 99.
-If you think the Ultrasone is the best, please tell me how much difference there is to the second best model, because it's not very likely to get even used Ultrasone's for less than 100, is it?

Well then, looking forward to your answers, I want all of you to fight for your favorite here in this thread
wink.gif

Thank you all, nice to find a forum like this with helpful and friendly people.

Dec 5, 2003 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 10
Yesterday an auction of a new HFI-650 Trackmaster closed without any biddings at 59€ on ebay.de
There's already a new auction on, starting at 1€ ... I think you may get it well under 100, and it's brand new
smily_headphones1.gif

Good thing those phones aren't known in germany
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2003 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

If you think the V6 is the best, please tell me where to get them for a reasonable price here in Germany.

You will not find the V6 anywhere in Europe, because Sony`s model for European market is 7506 and they cost no less than 130 EUR as much as I know.

I`ve been very pleased with the Trackmaster, but I haven`t heard the other two, so no fighting intentions from my side. Did you search the archives? There are couple of head-to-head comparisons between these three headphones to be found.

good luck

Dec 5, 2003 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 10
I'd say the 7506's are the best of the three for rock, haven't heard the HFI-650, but I've got the HFI-550, and I prefer it to the HD280 for rock....not to say the HD280 is bad for rock..other headphones do it better....

Dec 5, 2003 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Taurui
Yesterday an auction of a new HFI-650 Trackmaster closed without any biddings at 59€ on ebay.de
There's already a new auction on, starting at 1€ ... I think you may get it well under 100, and it's brand new
smily_headphones1.gif

Good thing those phones aren't known in germany
wink.gif

I already got 2 there
600smile.gif

Dec 5, 2003 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 10
Reason the 7506 is so expensive is that it falls in the Sony Broadcast and Professional range, which is not carried by many places (compared to the Consumer range) and if you do manage to find it, it's not often discounted. B&P is the same range that carries $100,000 Betacam SP cameras and lenses. 130 Euros is about the list price for the 7506s.

Dec 5, 2003 at 7:09 PM Post #8 of 10
Can't speaker for the 650 Trackmaster, but I can say with certainty that the 650 DVD edition (now renamed to HFI-700), is much better than either the 280's or the 7506's. Just a better balanced, smoother, more revealing headphone. It's as sturdy as the 280, and more comfortable.

Dec 6, 2003 at 7:42 AM Post #9 of 10
Thanks for your answers
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you need a headphone amp to get good sound out of the Trackmaster, or is it possible to feed it from the Headphone Out of a 'normal', relatively cheap amp? If so, I'll definitely go for those Ultrasone 650's on ebay, thanks for telling me, Taurui
smily_headphones1.gif
. (I just got money, birthday is great
tongue.gif
, so no need to be sorry about my wallet at the moment.)

Dec 6, 2003 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 10
I've never heard the Trackmaster but if you look in my sig you'll find a link to my comparative review between the V6s (same thing as 7506 but cheaper, bascially) and the HD280s.

Now, if someone wanted to send me a pair of the Trackmasters, I'd gladly add them to the review.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back