Sennheiser HD280 Sound Card / Amp
Mar 27, 2011 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lowkontrast

New Head-Fier
Hey, I have a pair of Sennheiser HD280's, but they're only plugged into my motherboard's audio. I don't have a dedicated sound card or amp and I was wondering which exactly would I need to do justice for my headphones?

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 3

Lowkontrast, I just ordered the Senn HD 280 Pro. I also ordered the HRT Music Streamer II for my PC all run to a Yaqin MS-20L Integrated Tube Amp.  As of now I am extremely happy with my set-up.  The MSII added so much detail and soundstage, not to mention many other improvements. I had an audigy 5.1 soundcard, before the MSII. I am very anxious to listen to the 280s with the system. The speakers are the Dennis Murphy designed DIY CAOW1 speakers for 2 channel. murphyblaster.com. Very happy with the complete set up. The MSII makes all the music I listen to HD. All the onboard Mp3, m4a, FLAC and streaming Pandora/Grooveshark. I have the Media Jukebox player. I really can't tell the difference as it all sound fantastic. I highly recommend you looking into this for your PC audio. And how do you like the 280s?Thanks, Rob.  BTW the 280s will be plugged into the Yaqin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back