Sennheiser HD25-1 II
May 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bonobo

Head-Fier
My current most used headphone is a Denon D1001 which I use mainly at the computer, unamped (although I have a Fiio E7).
I also have the D5000, but for some reason it almost gets  no use. Much preferring the 1001. I don't know what it is that I like more in the 1001, I also don't find the right words to describe this like most of you here. Maybe the sound in the 1001 is more 'upfront', for lack of a better word, seems more fun.

I want to buy a new headphone now, as a good complement to my current phones, but different enough. I was thinking about the Sennheiser HD25-1 II but the more I read, the more i'm in doubt about what to choose. Would this be a good choice? Any other suggestion is welcome, doesn't have to be Sennheiser!
Beyerdynamic DT1350? (more expensive). Something from the Grado Prestige line maybe? (although this would be open obviously)

My most listened to music:
Not 'hard' electronica but,
-The Knife
-Fever Ray
-Paul Kalkbrenner
-Top 40 music
-Acoustic
-Once in a while rock.

PS: If it helps, I also listen to a Sony X1060 mp3 player, on which I use a Panasonic HJE900, which I love a lot!

May 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 3
The HD-25 are pretty good with electronica and rock, though they suffer with soundstage...if you want to listen to something that requires a wide or deep soundstage, they probably wouldn't be your best bet.  But they have nice midbass punch for electronica.  They do have some pretty big lower treble peaks though, which can be annoying if your music has a lot of that.

May 20, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 3
I didn't find the hd25 , that good with electronica, I would  stick with them with pop/rock/hip hop  because they have a nice way of presenting vocals.
The  hd25 might provide some fun at begin , thanks to the mid-bass emphasis and punch , but there's the  congested soundstage, and I think  some muddiness in the mid-high region.

Oh and by the way, people are already raving with the amperior saying it it outrank the hd25 in sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back