Sennheiser HD25-1 II Questions
Apr 19, 2014 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

d4rin

New Head-Fier
I currently have the Allasandro MS1 headphones, Great for Rock and Metal, But doesn't up too well with fast paste music like Electronic. It's a great open headphone with some nice botton-end. A good headphone for the price.

But what I don't like about them is the highs, Not very smooth at all. And my ears seem to be quite sensitive towards that.

I haven't used the Sennheiser HD 25's before but I am am pretty interested in them. I just want to make sure I am not getting the same headphone...If that makes any sense.

How are the high's compared to the Grado? I like a well balanced sound, Flat if all possible.

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #2 of 3
HD25-1 are more neutral and more detailed than MS1, but they sound more closed in. The highs aren't nearly as accentuated as on the MS1. I wouldn't call HD25-1 smooth, but they dont overdo the highs like the MS1. The HD25-1 just tell you whats on the recording. If it's a smooth recording it will sound smooth, unlike MS1, which makes pretty much everything sound fatiguing IMO.

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 3
  HD25-1 are more neutral and more detailed than MS1, but they sound more closed in. The highs aren't nearly as accentuated as on the MS1. I wouldn't call HD25-1 smooth, but they dont overdo the highs like the MS1. The HD25-1 just tell you whats on the recording. If it's a smooth recording it will sound smooth, unlike MS1, which makes pretty much everything sound fatiguing IMO.

The MS1 doesn't seem to work well with electronic music, At least not trance anyway. 

I just have to get my hands on a set of HD25's and see for myself. 

People were comparing the HD25 to the MS1...So I was a bit worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back