Sennheiser HD 820 Review Tour
Feb 28, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #76 of 86
Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #77 of 86
nice detailed review mate. indeed, bass is perhaps the quirk i remember about them, more textured than weighty and well rounded.

I remember this album sound freakin fantastic with the HD820S

Thank you my friend for your kind words and the music suggestion.
Didn't know about this album, I am going to listen later today.

Is she still performing with her sister?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #78 of 86
Thank you my friend for your kind words and the music suggestion.
Didn't know about this album, I am going to listen later today.

Is she still performing with her sister?
Not on this album, but yes, she still very prolific with her sister. EL Chan is the last album from them I heard, pretty prodigious!

HD820S seem to like savant music and instrumental music in general....more than ''digital'' beat driven pop. But i hope to be able to review them for real. Before i get 99y old.

May I ask what is DAC AMP you use with them mate??

Feb 28, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #79 of 86
Not on this album, but yes, she still very prolific with her sister. EL Chan is the last album from them I heard, pretty prodigious!

HD820S seem to like savant music and instrumental music in general....more than ''digital'' beat driven pop. But i hope to be able to review them for real. Before i get 99y old.

May I ask what is DAC AMP you use with them mate??

I was listening to the sisters back in the old days but I have lost track of them...

The gear is mentioned in the review, main DAC is from Lab12 but I have also used the audiolab 8300CDQ and Mhdt Audio Toucan.
A great portion of the listening was done with the Flux Labs FCN-10 DAC/amp.

Amplifiers used were the Violectric V226 and Feliks Audio Euforia.

Portable source the FiiO M17.

Feb 28, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #80 of 86
I was listening to the sisters back in the old days but I have lost track of them...

The gear is mentioned in the review, main DAC is from Lab12 but I have also used the audiolab 8300CDQ and Mhdt Audio Toucan.
A great portion of the listening was done with the Flux Labs FCN-10 DAC/amp.

Amplifiers used were the Violectric V226 and Feliks Audio Euforia.

Portable source the FiiO M17.
woooooooooooah...OK. Very nice gear mate!

I feel small in my shoes with my budget gear....i will try to hook my SMSL SU9 to more powerfull solid state I have....a vintage Sansui AU D9. But SMSL SH9 should do with its 440mW@300ohm....do you feel they benefit from tremendous amping power??

Mar 1, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #81 of 86
woooooooooooah...OK. Very nice gear mate!

I feel small in my shoes with my budget gear....i will try to hook my SMSL SU9 to more powerfull solid state I have....a vintage Sansui AU D9. But SMSL SH9 should do with its 440mW@300ohm....do you feel they benefit from tremendous amping power??
They are not difficult to drive, the SH9 should be more than enough but you should definitely try with the Sansui.
High Z Sennheiser's love vintage amplifiers.

On a side note you should PM Sennheiser to ask about the tour progress in Canada.
Here in Europe I was the second one and now the HD820 is on the way to the third participant.

Mar 2, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #82 of 86
They are not difficult to drive, the SH9 should be more than enough but you should definitely try with the Sansui.
High Z Sennheiser's love vintage amplifiers.

On a side note you should PM Sennheiser to ask about the tour progress in Canada.
Here in Europe I was the second one and now the HD820 is on the way to the third participant.
Ok, thanks for the precision....

Yes, i PM and email them but their have been change with tour agent and now i'm not sure to understand whats going on.

anyway, c'est la vie!

Have a good one mate and enjoy your impressive audio gear!

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #84 of 86
They arrived with me yesterday, enjoying them so far, super-comfortable headphones and very relaxing, they're encouraging me to branch out and try a bunch of different musical styles.

Apr 10, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #85 of 86
Finally, I just receive the HD820. Thank you Sennheiser for offering me the luxury to try these phenomenal Headphones!
They are very transparent to source and benefit extra power, still, they can even be enjoyed with dongle like Tempotec E44 or Xduoo Link2 BAL (270mw@32ohm). But for full open gigantic soundstage, better go with SMSL SH9 and other clean powerfull amp.

Imaging and soundstage is clearly the highlight here. WIll share more impressions soon.

Again, TX Senn!
1649609210900.png

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #86 of 86
My review is up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back