Sennheiser HD 820 Review Tour
Nov 11, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #31 of 86
Have you always wanted to form your own opinion on Sennheiser’s flagship closed headphone? Answering the call, Sennheiser is sponsoring a “Review Tour” for the HD 820.
HD 820 slice.png

We’re well aware that current circumstances make finding and demoing headphones a challenge. That’s why Sennheiser is providing a “tour” unit in the United States, another for Europe, yet another for Canada, and one more for Japan. All we ask in return is for participants to publish their in-depth impressions/reviews on Head-Fi for all to enjoy— we may just pull a quote and feature it on the Sennheiser HD 820 product webpage! Don’t miss the chance to try a TOTL closed headphone with your own rig, in the comfort of your own home.

Applying for the tour is easy: post your interest in this thread and that you agree to the terms and conditions, then we’ll reach out to select candidates and coordinate the rest. We will select 5 reviewers per region, and the tour ends after we select 20 reviewers. When you post a review, impressions, or photos on Instagram, please tag them with #HD820Tour.

The official discussion thread:​

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-hd820.846244/

Product page for reviews on Head-Fi:​

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sennheiser-hd-820.22850/

We also made a fun playlist of songs to showcase the HD 820’s strengths! Feel free to add the tracks you used to evaluate the HD 820 to our collaborative Spotify playlist, or just to add songs that synergize well with the headphone!

Spotify:​

Apple Music:​

Sennheiser HD820 Mixtape

TIDAL:​

Sennheiser HD 820 Mixtape

x1_desktop_HD-820-T_P-Reviesed1.jpg

Loaner Program Terms and Conditions​

You may evaluate the loaner HD 820 for two weeks from date of arrival at your tour stop. Enjoy the headphones! A Head-Fi review is what makes the tour work so well for the community, but don’t forget to tag any related social media, Amazon reviews, or pictures with #HD820Tour so your fellow audiophiles can see them “in the wild.”

You must be OK with your real name and address being privately provided to Sennheiser for shipping purposes. Sennheiser is allowed to elevate and share your whole statement or excerpts on our product and store pages. In addition to posting full reviews here on Head-Fi, we encourage reviewers to also post their reviews on your own webpages, channels, and servers. Sennheiser will provide a prepaid shipping label for the next tour stop, and advise the ideal carrier at that time.

Please post updates in this thread upon receipt of the HD 820, a link to your showcase review, and when you have shipped the headphones out to the next person on the tour.

You are responsible for the integrity of the HD 820 and its components during your tour stop, and agree to immediately contact Sennheiser with any comments or concerns. Do not modify or disassemble the HD 820 or its accessories. We recommend keeping and re-using packing materials. Of course, Sennheiser is here to help answer any questions.

Oh interesting, I’m interested and agree to the terms and conditions :)

Nov 11, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #35 of 86
If possible I'd like to be included in the tour. I agree to all terms and conditions, and I am located in the USA, specifically North Carolina.

I currently have on hand high-end headphones of different driver technologies (Hifiman HE1000se planar and Stax L700 electrostat) and would like to review the dynamic driver HD 820 in a specific comparison to these headphones and technologies.

Additionally I have a number of closed-backs on hand such as the Aeon 2 Noire and LCD-2 to compare it against specifically as a closed-back headphone.

Thank you for your consideration.

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #36 of 86
I'd like to be in the tour. I'm in the USA and agree to the terms and conditions. Happy to post a review.
My other equipment includes Wells Audio Cipher, Ampsandsound Nautilus, XI Audio Sagra, I've heard a number of other headphones such as Abyss, ZMF, Rosson, Hifiman, etc, so I have a good range of equipment under my built for comparison. Never heard Sennheiser though!

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #37 of 86
I would be interested in the USA. I’ve heard them briefly in a noisy environment, but never well enough to form a solid opinion.

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #38 of 86
I am interested in the US tour and agree to the terms and conditions. :)

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #39 of 86
I am interested in the USA tour and agree to the terms and conditions. I already own the HD650, HD6XX, and HD800S. I’d like to compare these to my Focal Stellia.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #40 of 86
I am interested in European tour (I'm from Russia).
Here is my reviews page https://www.head-fi.org/members/qsk78.383046/#showcase-reviews
I participated in European tours organized by ifi audio and Etymotic.
I owned the HD800S in the past but switched to planar-magnetic headphones. So I'm really interested to know how the HD820 sound.
I agree to the terms and conditions.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #41 of 86
I would like to join Europe tour. I'm from Poland, I had previously owned couple of Sennheiser headphones HD 600, HD 650, HD 555. I listened HD 800 at various occasions.
Would like to listen closed version of your TOTL in my current system.
I agree with terms and conditions.

Nov 12, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #42 of 86
I am interested and agree to the terms and conditions. I am located in Washington state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back