Sennheiser HD 660S2 thread
Jan 23, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #6,031 of 6,844
I have the 660S2 and the K9 Pro since a couple of weeks, it's just fantastic! They make a great combinaison.

The K9 Pro is big step coming from a K5 Pro (AKM) as well.

in the past, I had the HD650 (then sold it) and wanted to have it back, but in a more modern formula. When I discovered the 660S2 I jumped on board, although the price (470€) was not so friendly. I also had tried the 109 Pro, but wasn't appealed by its treble presentation at first sight.

Together, the K9 Pro (ESS version) and the 660S2 provide a very nice balance, the neutral approach of the Fiio and the Sennheiser HD6** warmth :L3000:
I have the same opinion with the FiiO K9 ESS, very nice synergy with the HD660S2.

Jan 23, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #6,033 of 6,844
Does anyone here have experience pairing the s2 with a topping dx3 pro+? Was considering but Amazon labels it as a “highly returned product”

No but given that you can return anything on Amazon, no harm in trying. I myself have taken advantage of that return policy. I have gotten several headphones/accessories from there and returned due to not liking the sound (Hifiman Sundara Closed, SIVGA SV021, Dekoni and Brainwavz pads). Of course I have purchased many from Amazon that I kept (HD 660S2, HD 560S and Hifiman Sundara). That's just the advantage of a return policy.

So get it, try it and if you don't like it then return it.

Jan 23, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #6,035 of 6,844
Jan 23, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #6,036 of 6,844
For those who missed it...new pro kid on the block.
I saw it this morning on YouTube... It looks interesting.
Finally, some pads from Sennheiser that look possibly good to me; at least, they look promising.

I don't like that single cable.... It always looks amateurish to me :frowning2:

And I hope that plastic looks better in person, like S2, for example.

Jan 23, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #6,037 of 6,844
Finally, some pads from Sennheiser that look possibly good to me; at least, they look promising.

Any idea, how is the sound signature of 490 pro different from S2? (Sorry, lazy to watch the review video as am listening to the strange-but-lovely

)

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #6,038 of 6,844

I love the idea of a single cable. I have had a few headphones like that and it was so much easier to deal with. My sound system is on the right side of my chair so plugging into just the right side would be awesome. I have never been hot on really neutral headphones, but maybe...

Jan 23, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #6,041 of 6,844
I don't like that single cable.... It always looks amateurish to me 😟.
On my headphones which feature single cable (Beyer DT880, Beyer DT1770 Pro, Neumann NDH-30), I like that feature!! I use Lavricable Grand Silver cables: besides phenomenal sound, they look great!!

Jan 23, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #6,042 of 6,844
For those who missed it...new pro kid on the block.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-hd-490-pro-plus-coming.971458/
Looks like the 280 driver or maybe the same as in the Neumann NHD30 which it will be competing against.

Looks like a cool design, but I'm fairly confident this won't be competing with the HD6 series, or even the 560s in terms of home listening.

Seems like a light, comfy pair of mixing headphones that will likely have a fairly neutral sound signature. Not super interested personally.

Jan 23, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #6,043 of 6,844
On my headphones which feature single cable (Beyer DT880, Beyer DT1770 Pro, Neumann NDH-30), I like that feature!! I use Lavricable Grand Silver cables: besides phenomenal sound, they look great!!
I mean, it's not a major con for me...I just like double more. :)

I kind of have the same feeling for the Cannondale lefties...don't like them at all...

Jan 23, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #6,044 of 6,844
I mean, it's not a major con for me...I just like double more. :)

I kind of have the same feeling for the Cannondale lefties...don't like them at all...
bikes? 🤔

Jan 23, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #6,045 of 6,844
I love the idea of a single cable. I have had a few headphones like that and it was so much easier to deal with. My sound system is on the right side of my chair so plugging into just the right side would be awesome. I have never been hot on really neutral headphones, but maybe...

Single cables are horrible IMO. Means they have to run wiring through the headband, increasing a failure point. I'd rather have dual entry, detachable cables on all headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back