Sennheiser HD 600 Questions.
Aug 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #16 of 21
They are quite good with rock, but I just checked out this song for you and it didn't sound very good. It wasn't the headphones in my opinion. The song seems to be poorly mastered with the instruments much louder than the vocals. It's the first time my 580 sounded like it had recessed mids. The piano and drums were muffled as well. I think you would need something like a Grado 225 to make that song sound good.

Quote:
Ok, i got one stupid question. Are the HD600 any good with rock? And could somebody please test these with the Great Gig In The Sky by Pink Floyd? This is a very challenging song. Thanks

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:
Ok, i got one stupid question. Are the HD600 any good with rock? And could somebody please test these with the Great Gig In The Sky by Pink Floyd? This is a very challenging song. Thanks

I just listened to the MFSL CD for you with Bifrost>Asgard>HD600s. It sounded great to me, but granted I don't have much to compare it to.

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #20 of 21
Just had a crack at it - haven't had DSOTM in my play list for a while.  Mines a 24/96 rip from the Immersion set.

Set-up is PC > Optical > NFB-12 (dac only) > LD MKIV -> H/P

Tried it with HD600, SR325i, K701 and DT880 (600 ohm).

IMO Slaughter is right - I found the HD600 slightly too "polite" for want of a better word.  The 325is were actually pretty good - but strangely enough I really enjoyed this with the K701.  I have found personally with a lot of Floyd recordings, they are 'darkish' - and I prefer a brighter headphone to appreciate them more fully.

While I'm typing this - I'm listening to the sax on "Money" (Beyer's this time) - and really enjoying it.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #21 of 21
Haha no problem :) ty and listen to atom heart mother :) it's the best album in my opinion especialy alen's psychedelic breakfast :) very nice 'song' :) and atom heart mother suite is very good :) if you want i can provide you with a lossless rip of this (for free of course) to test it :) pm me if you're interested about this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back