Sennheiser HD 598: Ugly or Sexy
Jul 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #34 of 143
Never seen them other than in pictures, so they look very good to me.

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #38 of 143
I'll repeat myself over what I said in some other threads:

They look fine in internet pics-- even if they look gaudy.  In person they're downright hideous. 

Nailed it.

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #39 of 143
I'm happy after reading this thread I  didn't buy the hd598. I  liked their look on pics, but if the real thing doesn't look as  good I  feel cheated.
I  guess it's the same thing for mac donald: hamburger on the pic, and the true one
biggrin.gif

Regarding the changes in sound from hd595 , it seem  that not everyone agree that it is a true upgrade.
I'm sure sennheiser learned a lesson with the hd555, and didn't want people to mod the hd558 to make it a hd598; this might be the main reason why the sound was re-tweaked. You notice there's no replacement model for hd600, or hd650 (no easy mod, to "upgrade" for free).

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #40 of 143
I don't think it matters whether the headphones look good or not as firstly, they are open-backs, and secondly they have a long cord (I know you could get them recabled). For most people these headphones would never leave their home (I'm included in this group of people).

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #42 of 143
Quote:
I don't think it matters whether the headphones look good or not as firstly, they are open-backs, and secondly they have a long cord (I know you could get them recabled). For most people these headphones would never leave their home (I'm included in this group of people).

Right on.  Though I would not mind taking them outside if they were closed back.  Beats all those unplugged Beats around. 

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #43 of 143
Quote:

People tried to justify the bigger price of hd598 compared to hd595. So obviously, you can now discard the look.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #44 of 143
I loved how mine looked when I first got them, but as my hair is blue it started to turn the headband blue as well...the headphones even with regular cleaning looked extremely tacky 3 months after purchase...prefer 595's for colored hair friendly black headband and ear cups!

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #45 of 143
What part are you guys not understanding? The HD595 and HD598 are NOT the same. They share a similar sound, just as say the Denon D2000 shares a similar sound to the D7000. The HD598 is superior to the HD595 with richer mids, and better clarity. There is enough of an improvement to say they're not the same at all.

Christ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back