Sennheiser HD-595 Anniversary Edition
Dec 30, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #16 of 29
The hd-555's:
HD555_AB_410.gif

Dec 31, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerG
Is that a velour pad under the headband? That would be an interesting change.

gerG

I'm pretty sure the standard HD555s also have a velour pad.

Had I not gotten a used pair of 595s for a bargain price, I would've propably bought the anniversary edition. The toning seems somehow inviting to me. Maybe due to this comment that firestarter posted in another thread:
Quote:

...they look like a lucious woman in in a red satin dress, wrapping her legs around my head

...I hope I'm not labeled a sexist for this.
biggrin.gif

Here's a bigger pic which was also posted in the other thread:

Jan 1, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
All they did was change the color and dub it "Anniversary Edition" ?

Sounds like something Bose would do. Gotta love gimmicks.

Jan 17, 2006 at 7:53 AM Post #25 of 29
Guys I am confuse on which to buy. I know HD 595 is better but is it much much better?? does it worth spending another 100 USD to get the HD 595.
I will be using the headphone for gaming, music and movies. What is your opinion guys? Does it worth paying another 100 USD to get HD 595 or should I just bought HD 555 instead.
confused.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbintoro
Guys I am confuse on which to buy. I know HD 595 is better but is it much much better?? does it worth spending another 100 USD to get the HD 595.
I will be using the headphone for gaming, music and movies. What is your opinion guys? Does it worth paying another 100 USD to get HD 595 or should I just bought HD 555 instead.
confused.gif

You should think of it this way... am I prepared to pay a pretty big amount of money to get audiophile sound.

You should (must) check your local guitar shop and listen to some cans to see which you like best and to find out how much money you want to spend.

If your demands aren't very high, then the 555's are okay, and certainly better than most of the philips and panasonic headphones...
Comfort is really good as well.

If you feel that audiophile sound is worth the experience (which most of us believe), you will eventually get the 595's anyway. In that case... you might as well get them now. You can't do alot wrong buying them; think of it more like an investment
wink.gif

Remember, they will probably be overkill for your current transport or pc soundcard. If you do have an onboard (non-separate pci card) or an audigy 2 soundcard, I would really recommend getting another soundcard. I couldn't really believe how bad the audigy sounds myself... upgrade at least to one of the better x-fi cards (do a search on that), a Chaintech AV-710 or another Envy based card with better drivers (like the prodigy) or an EMU 0404 (which sounds best but isn't ment for gaming).

Btw, in the same price range you have the 580's which might be something to look into before you make a final decision. Again, try to listen to some headphones and trust your own ears instead of blindly following someone's opinion though.

Anyway, you shouldn't have asked that question in this thread. You were lucky I was willing to help you out a bit
wink.gif

http://www.thesearchfunctionisyourbe...nd.useitplease

Oh, and welcome to the forums, a happy new year, and happy headphoning
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #28 of 29
HD555 will be fine. Get the HD595 if you can't do without the best or if you do critical listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back