Sennheiser HD-595 Anniversary Edition
Dec 29, 2005 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Guust-Fi

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering...

Does anybody have pictures?
Does anyone actually have them?

I guess they're exactly the same as the normal version, right?

Dec 30, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 29
I already knew about them, but thanks for the link.

These are beauuutiful, aint they?

Since after my recent great time spent with the HD595 (after discovering an amazing op-amp synergy in my Zero, see sig.) I've determinded that I really need
redface.gif
to get a 2nd pair like long wished, that's the HD595 I want to get my hands on when I've got the $$ ...

Dec 30, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 29
Dec 30, 2005 at 11:00 AM Post #6 of 29
I cant dig that color. The silver/goldish color is much more my style. To each his own i guess.

Dec 30, 2005 at 11:32 AM Post #8 of 29
Or one may dig both of them
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 2:28 PM Post #11 of 29
At least the limited addition A900 are nicely done. I was hoping for the same here. They look nice but there isn't a difference besides that?

Dec 30, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
It's a shame they just added the red colour. As a 'special edition' I would have hoped that they would have given us something else to chew on - even just better driver matching or something.

What if there indeed was something else than the obvious variation of color (or lack of it), like some small improvement to f.r. or to other details, "naturally" going along with the production and not really disposable for marketing...

When planning to get a 2nd pair of something, especially with audio transducers, I'm somehow always hoping for that. And my past speaker&headphone experiences haven't proven me wrong.

Even when switching from the 120 ohm to the 50 ohm version, I'm not aware of any marketing use made by Sennheiser of the improved voice coils in the latter.

Dec 30, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #14 of 29
At least they didn't make them white with a white cable.

The red is ok, but the blue version of the HD555 is very nice (in pics, anyway).

I hate the chrome ring. That makes anything look cheap.

Wouldn't it be cool if the HD5x5 series were just the start of a new platform for Sen? I think that they did a wonderful job on the design, but they left themselves a suspicious amount of room for improvements. I am betting that we will see higher end variants of these cans in the not so distant future.

gerG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back